Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cutting down or replacing bump stops

Bigdawg

Reaction score
What is the general feeling about the bump stops with the C2C lowering kit? Should the bump stops be cut down or replaced? If cut down, how much. If replaced, what should I replace them with? If cutting down, what is the best way to accomplish this? Any and all help is appreciated.

REG CAB X

Reaction score
Take them off and cut the bracket off the frame that the bumpstop bolts to and you will not have any problems. You would have to be driving pretty stupid in order to get the truck to bottom out after doing this. And by going this route it doesn't cost anything but a little of your time.

Matt's06

Reaction score
Take them off and cut the bracket off the frame that the bumpstop bolts to and you will not have any problems. You would have to be driving pretty stupid in order to get the truck to bottom out after doing this. And by going this route it doesn't cost anything but a little of your time.

x2, thats what I did. I have not bottomed out yet. If you decide to cut the bumpstops, don't cut them to much because there is metal in the center of them.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Nice tip on cutting the brackets off. I left them and man sometimes when it hits it hits hard......good rainy day thing to do today:)

project-c2

Reaction score
So how do you properly cut the rear brackets off to install the bump stops? Just hack the rivets off?:dontknow:

07XR808

Reaction score
You could replace the bumpstops with the energy suspension low profile ones too. They cost about 7 bucks, but its another alternative to cutting your stock ones. Without any bump stops at first, i would bottom out in the back, but it would hit frame all the time. I guess all you mainland folks have real smooth roads up there.

Top Bottom