Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

D 3 wont charge my touch pod

X_RUNNIN

Reaction score
Every time i use my ipod touch in my truck and plug it in it says "charging not support for this device" anyone have any ideas? its a 2nd gen and it has the latest software. also it still charges my old 80 gig ipod video:hmmmm2:

rich017

Reaction score
It's probably the cord.

My 1st gen mini wouldnt even work on my HU so I bought a new ipod and later found out I just needed a different cord and software

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Doesn't charge the new software. Doesn't work on iPhone 3g and above either. Sucks huh

Super Werty

Reaction score
sweet find! Ive been wanting to charge my nano in the truck for awhile now

X_RUNNIN

Reaction score
awesome i might have to snag that...ill look for it on ebay first though

big_dirte

Reaction score
When Apple introduced its latest batch of music players, it quietly removed the last remnant of FireWire compatibility it had been keeping in to maintain compatibility with older accessories: 12V charging support.
Unfortunately, this means the new devices cannot charge on older "compatible" docks, and even on recent ones because some manufacturers have been ignoring Apple's warnings and have persisted on shipping 12V devices even after being told support for this voltage was likely to disappear from new models of iPods.

This is your answer...the passport does solve this problem!!!

Top Bottom