Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Damn this suckss

xrunnin123

Reaction score
Yea pedal stuck to the floor and the truck makes this noise while moving after the whole incedent happened. Kind of like a tob noise but way louder/ more intense. I have to wait until monday to talk to them but than ill put them in there place

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
They'll tell you that anything regarding the transmission is a "wear & tear" issue and that their warranty not cover "wear & tear" issues.

xrunnin123

Reaction score
Yea Monday something will be done hopefully, I need my truck soon its my only vehicle and I start a new job in 2 weeks :rockon:

xrunnin123

Reaction score
Ok, so here is the deal now. So I am almost positive its my slave thats bad and not my clutch and all those other things. Im going to give them the go to go ahead and work on it. I have a couple questions though, is it possible that a messed up throwout bearing caused this? because it was chirping before hand. What is the likely hood of my clutch components being jacked up in this case? if the clutch caused this problem than my slave is not covered. Does the transmission have to be dropped in order to replace the slave? sorry for all the questions I havent had the truck for too long all this is just learning

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The slave can be replace in about 30 minutes, with being bled. It is on the external driver side of the transmission. Being that you have an '08, i hope it isn't that the clutch disk separated from the clutch hub. That isn't a wear and tear issue. That is a known problem, and what Toyota changed back to the Luk brand clutches.

xrunnin123

Reaction score
The slave can be replace in about 30 minutes, with being bled. It is on the external driver side of the transmission. Being that you have an '08, i hope it isn't that the clutch disk separated from the clutch hub. That isn't a wear and tear issue. That is a known problem, and what Toyota changed back to the Luk brand clutches.

I hope its just the slave since my clutch pedal just has not pressure. How about the throwout bearing could it have caused any of this? jeez problems are so stressful when this is my only car :thumbdown: thanks torspd!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Just authorize the slave cylinder....tell them to replace that, it doesn't require dropping the trans. Then if that doesn't fix the problem you at least know that it wasn't something "cheap".

xrunnin123

Reaction score
Thats what im going to do... I dont want them fixing whatever is not covered just because they charge an arm and a leg haha Is changing out your clutch a real difficult task?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Alex, don't take this the wrong way, but if you have to ask, it's probably not something you'd want to attempt. It's not that it's difficult, just just very involved, you need the proper tools, and at least a general idea of what it entails. Good luck brother, hope it's a simple fix and doesn't put you out of pocket.

xrunnin123

Reaction score
Alex, don't take this the wrong way, but if you have to ask, it's probably not something you'd want to attempt. It's not that it's difficult, just just very involved, you need the proper tools, and at least a general idea of what it entails. Good luck brother, hope it's a simple fix and doesn't put you out of pocket.

haha no hard feelings, this is all learning. Of course I wouldnt try it by myself, but hopefully this is a easy fix and it wont cost me a bunch of money.... Once its fixed im going to be scared to push this thing even a little:adore: thanks nhxrunner!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's a clutch, and the flywheel can be resurfaced, you're looking at $1K +, new flywheel, add a few hundred more

Last edited:
Top Bottom