Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Damn You Highway Patrol

armando_x87

Reaction score
so yesterday was my first week with my new x-runner, and decide to hit the bar and play pool with a couple buddy of mines.. and on the way over. about to exit the fwy, i get pulled over by chp.
so i tell him i just got this truck, havent done anything to it, but wash it.

he gives me a fix-it ticket for tinted windows.. damn you i didnt wanna remove it.

i wonder if i can go with out removing and and have them measure the percentage and see if i am ok with it. :hmmmm2:

dramad1

Reaction score
I take it your front windows are tinted. If so you may be assed out and have to remove it. Fronts can not have any tint. My buddy got a ticket for front windshield TNT on the top section of windshield. He had to replace the windshield and pay the filing fee to get the ticket signed off. Only way around it would be to register you ride in arizona and even still you run the risk of getting a ticket. Chp can be A real pain in the ars sometimes.

brownbrown

Reaction score
Everyday I drive , and see literally 100s of cars with dark ass front tint. And i think to myself, I need to get my windows tinted.... No one is getting pulled over for tint......

then this

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Go to your family doc and get a prescription for them, it's the simplest way and a permanent fix. Tell your doctor the sunlight gives you headaches and distracts you when you drive, and therefore you need a darker tint that is legally allowed. He/she can write you a prescription and the cops won't be able to touch you.

Ryan

armando_x87

Reaction score
Go to your family doc and get a prescription for them, it's the simplest way and a permanent fix. Tell your doctor the sunlight gives you headaches and distracts you when you drive, and therefore you need a darker tint that is legally allowed. He/she can write you a prescription and the cops won't be able to touch you.

Ryan

i like that idea.. i am gonna go ahead and try that. hope they dont give me those prescription glasses. lol

sacX

Reaction score
Were you at Corner Pocket in Sacramento shooting pool? I was there n saw a SWB with chrome rims...I didnt have my X tho, was driving the wifes beamer because I get pulled over less in it! BTW I used 20% tint all the way around and dont get pulled over for my tint (knock on wood), and the cops dont seem to trip...they want to see your outline at the very least from the outside of the car with your windows up... if you need the tint taken off and you're from Sac area, I gotta spot that'll remove it so you can get it written off, and then put it back on, all for less than $150 I think...

armando_x87

Reaction score
Were you at Corner Pocket in Sacramento shooting pool? I was there n saw a SWB with chrome rims...I didnt have my X tho, was driving the wifes beamer because I get pulled over less in it! BTW I used 20% tint all the way around and dont get pulled over for my tint (knock on wood), and the cops dont seem to trip...they want to see your outline at the very least from the outside of the car with your windows up... if you need the tint taken off and you're from Sac area, I gotta spot that'll remove it so you can get it written off, and then put it back on, all for less than $150 I think...

no i was in burbank.. near san fernando. i am guess cuz my windows in the back are twice limo tint, it makes the front seem dark.

X_Less

Reaction score
26708. (a) (1) A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.
(2) A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle that obstructs or reduces the driver’s clear view through the windshield or side windows.

(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle’s front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness.

Makes it illegal to be driving at night with the windows up with the prescription... The law is mostly for those suction cup window cover/shade things.

I'm afraid you're SOL, Have it removed... Signed off and re-installed. How dark is it?

I had 20% all around on my last BMW without any problems and intend on re-doing the X in 5% rear and 35%-50% front.

armando_x87

Reaction score
Makes it illegal to be driving at night with the windows up with the prescription... The law is mostly for those suction cup window cover/shade things.

I'm afraid you're SOL, Have it removed... Signed off and re-installed. How dark is it?

I had 20% all around on my last BMW without any problems and intend on re-doing the X in 5% rear and 35%-50% front.

i am guessing is not past 25% i wish i knew the exact.. but my past vehicle a hardbody.. i had that at 3% front, and never got pulled over.... kinda trips me out.

i sure will remove it and re-install in a month or so.. i seen others hella dark.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
another reason i won't live in Cali, down south you can go as dark as you wont and no one will say anything unless you give them a reason (i.e. be a dick, speed, run lights etc...) I've never heard of anyone down here getting pulled solely for tint.

X_Less

Reaction score
Depends on the city... Some cops have nothing to do but do traffic stops and if its a slow day they will pull you over for anything, Or even make up something if they just want to "check you out" (like "your license plate lights are really dim").

It varies on the cop... I rolled around with 20% all around and no front plate without any problems for a while in my BMW, And I still continue to roll around on my X with no front plate and only got pulled over once... Just to make sure I wasn't drunk while leaving a bar (instead, my friends were [Got no ticket]).

x20Runner05

Reaction score

Ryan
I had the written paperwork from the eye doctor and a nurse at the office her husband is LHP and she game me the state form for exemption. They made me do the fingerprint, background check, and rap sheet and good for 4 years is $60. I have a fancy orange medical tint exemption sticker above my brake tag. Check you state police website under forms section or research your state online.

another reason i won't live in Cali, down south you can go as dark as you wont and no one will say anything unless you give them a reason (i.e. be a dick, speed, run lights etc...) I've never heard of anyone down here getting pulled solely for tint.
Speeding is the number one reason they pull you over and then they see toint and just go on and on for more problems.

Depends on the city... Some cops have nothing to do but do traffic stops and if its a slow day they will pull you over for anything, Or even make up something if they just want to "check you out" (like "your license plate lights are really dim").

It varies on the cop... I rolled around with 20% all around and no front plate without any problems for a while in my BMW, And I still continue to roll around on my X with no front plate and only got pulled over once... Just to make sure I wasn't drunk while leaving a bar (instead, my friends were [Got no ticket]).
I love down south they are more lenient unless you doing stupid shyt.

armando_x87

Reaction score
so my dumb ass pay for the inspection.. and i still gotta pay for the ticket.. what the **** ?? fudge the police

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
I have limo tint all the way around on mine and got caught. Fix it ticket was $30 to remove the tint and get it written off or leave it on and pay ~$250. Since then, my sheriff friend said he'd write mine off.

I ended up leaving mine on and paying the fine since I was too busy with work to have it taken off and re-tinted

armando_x87

Reaction score
I have limo tint all the way around on mine and got caught. Fix it ticket was $30 to remove the tint and get it written off or leave it on and pay ~$250. Since then, my sheriff friend said he'd write mine off.

I ended up leaving mine on and paying the fine since I was too busy with work to have it taken off and re-tinted

man i wish i knew someone that could write me off... i had to remove the tint pay the inspection and the stupid fine. which was not a lot.. but i still wanted to keep my tint. lol

Murderface

Reaction score

My buddy owns Solar Works in Rossell Georgia, no more then 35% is allowed on cars(all windows) but trucks, SUVs and vans can roll around with the windows spray painted black if the want!?(can't figure that out). Anyways the cops are really strict about cars an illegal tint and will pull u over and measure the darkness of the tint.

Top Bottom