Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dave's SixString Build

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I've been on this forum for over 5 years now and i think its time to share a bit. Share my experience and 'build' with everyone. Its not fancy or outrageous by any means. But it's 'mine'.

With 107K miles on the ticker the truck is still running fantastic. It has never left me hanging. Never...

This is how she sits today. I want to get some better pics up soon, but here is the most recent one:

I consider myself one of the very few and very lucky ones on this site. I have never had one single issue with my transmission. Unless you count a tired clutch and squeaky TOB. I dont need zip ties to hold any body parts on. The rear end still locks up when it needs to. There are no squeaks, rattles, vibrations or any kind of bad funkyness going on anywhere.

This truck is the best vehicle i have ever had. The best looking. The quickest. The most reliable. It's surprising to me with all the mods i have done to it. I know its not as radical as a lot of you guys out there, but it still surprises me nothing has gone wrong.

I love the clean look of the truck and I take really good care of her, but she is also my daily driver. Sometimes I beat the crap out of her cause every now and then i go to the track. And i would say that i am a "spirited" driver. But too old to do much street racing, if any.

Performance Mod list:

URD shift kit
URD MAF CAL dyno and road tuned
URD Stage II Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
URD O2 sim
URD Fuel Pump
Hayden Electric Fan
TRD CAI (first gen)
NST Lite Crank Pulley
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
Custom 2 1/4 inch Y Pipe
3 inch Magnaflow Catback with Resonator

Other Notable Mods:

XII Performance Street drop up front
2 inch Blocks and QA1 Adjustable Shocks out back
Varrstoen ES Wrapped with BF Goodrich KDW tires
T-rex Billet Grill Powder-coated Black
15% Tint All around
Pioneer and Sony Blast the Tunes
Scan Gauge II
Cravenspeed Stubby
Babyboi Custom Headlights with Blue Halos
Completely De-badged

Here are some more pics:

Like i said. Not too fancy but i just thought i would share. I will get some better pics of it all soon. The new wheels really transformed the look of the truck and i need to do it justice with some decent pics.

Thanks for taking the time to look

Last edited:

shane881510

Reaction score
Good looking truck man. Did a great job on mods and taking care of it.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Thanks man. I am hoping this time next year i will be rocking a URD supercharger kit :rockon:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Very tastefully mods and absolutely love the looks, you did everything right and sure future mods will just add to the quality :adore:

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Very tastefully mods and absolutely love the looks, you did everything right and sure future mods will just add to the quality :adore:

I appreciate that. I wanted to keep it 'clean'.

I dont care for the over-the-top plastered with stickers hey I'm cool looking vehicles i see everyday.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Yeah definetly good idea to keep how u got it... Nice n reliable with no issues... Lookin great..

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Thanks WB.

I just realized something. This isnt really a "Build" thread. So if a mod wants to move this to the appropriate section, then cool!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a "built" thread. It stays. ;)

hrspwr236

Reaction score
One thing I did notice that might be a great mod for you is to remove the plastic strip below the lower grille, it's painted under there and always look better that way.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
That is something i thought about doing but wondered if the paint under there looking too good cause most of it up front isnt in as good of shape.

Here are some more pics:

Taking out the old heavy lame ass stock clutch fan

Mounting the relay for the fan and running the wire under that cover thingy:

Here is the Custom Exhaust. Not as fancy as a total URD unit, but i think it gets the job done and sounds absolutely fantastic. Those are actual performance high flow Cats. Not the lame 100 dollar ones that most shops will try to sell you saying they are:

You can see the splatter from the leaking tailshaft seal on the tranny. It has since been replaced and cleaned up:

Brother Lu

Reaction score
Great looking truck. What size wheel and tires? Good mods for a daily driver,like you I've never had a problem with my tranny and it has been a great truck so far.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Varrstoen ES 2 18 x 9.5 with 30 offset.

I know most guys get 19 inch wheels, but i wanted to keep the stock tire size

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Exhaust setup looks good man! :top:

Top Bottom