Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DD Installation

808STAYTE

Reaction score
4 ya'll peeps with DD's installed:

I recently had a DD installed, but i noticed that the left side of the installation kit is not flush to the dash like the right side. So I decided that I would take it back to the shop that put it in and they told me that the installation kits on the newer TACOMA's are like that. I just wanted to know if ya'll peeps with DD installed have that same problem. Thx

xr_sky1ine3

Reaction score
my dd dash kit is flush. maybe they forgot the put back one of the yellow clips on...

shook

Reaction score
I dont have a double din but I do have a aftermarket dashkit and mine isnt perfectly flush,doesnt really bother me much

TXR-HI

Reaction score
mines is the same right side is about 1/8th" more out. Dont bother me much neither.

xr_sky1ine3

Reaction score
w0w it seems like mine is the only one flush.. unless its off but i dont really notice it.. hmmmmms

TNguyen

Reaction score
Yeah, mine isn't flush either. However with it being the same color, I dont' really notice it.

SX TOY

Reaction score
if the right side is the one that is off on all of them it would stand to reason that it could be designed that way to reduce glare when the driver is looking at the screen with the windows open on a sunny day:hmmmm2:

BondXII

Reaction score
Mine sticks out just a little on the left side also like 808STAYTE. The right side theory sounds good except that why would any manufacturer in their right mind purposely make a kit that doesn’t look right just to reduce glare? I think that it’s just the brand of dash kit. I thought it was me until I put it in the dash about six times and still had it look the same. Mine is the one I got free from Crutchfield when I bought my Eclipse AVN6620. I haven’t tried to modify it yet. I’ll probably do it once I get my HD Tuner to put in. If you can’t stand it or don’t want to try to modify this, I would get the Scosche brand dash kit. They seem to be made a lot better and I don’t hear them saying anything about it not fitting flush.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
could be all the extra wires that get cramed back there, not letting it get snapped in all the way?
StreetEagleWide.jpg
StreetEagleWide.jpg
P2080112.jpg

Stevenredx

Reaction score
The problem with most of the dd headunits and the dash kits is all the wiring bunching up in the back not allowing it slide all the way back. It take a couple of tries to get all the wires guided down in the little opening towards the bottom side there. Try pulling it out and sliding it back in, if you can get the wires out of the way enough you should have no problem.

Picture050.jpg

rice247

Reaction score
The problem with most of the dd headunits and the dash kits is all the wiring bunching up in the back not allowing it slide all the way back. It take a couple of tries to get all the wires guided down in the little opening towards the bottom side there. Try pulling it out and sliding it back in, if you can get the wires out of the way enough you should have no problem.

Picture050.jpg

Great wallpaper :top:

Top Bottom