Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dead Tacoma

Can XR

Reaction score
Wow that is some hard luck. Hopefully things are good to go this time around.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get everything sorted out with the injectors?

grifter95

Reaction score
Torspd... No still trying to find some used TRD injectors... Don't really have money to come out of pocket for a new set from Toyota since I am paying for everything and then (hopefully) getting reimbursed by insurance.

grifter95

Reaction score
Follow up...

Got a used set of TRD injectors from a fellow forum member. Got them dropped off with engine builder. Hopefully he will get them installed this week and we will be in the short rows to getting my truck back.

Also my insurance balked at paying for the damage since it was more than 60 days from "date of damage". I am having my attorney fight this with them. Hard to file a claim when you don't know the damage is claimable. Also attorney has drafted letter of intent against the service station demanding they pay. If they do not I will be forced to take them to court. I hate "suing" someone... but right is right and they sold a product that was not as claimed and it caused damage to my vehicle.

All I know is I am just ready to get truck back. I have a TT 05 GTO that has become my daily driver. But living in the country down a 1/4 mile gravel driveway makes you miss a truck most days.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well that is something. I wish the best for you in this.

grifter95

Reaction score
Well.... I finally got the truck back tonight at 8pm. Drove it home and noticed it was running leaner than it should at normal cruise (16:1) but correct at idle and under load. Guess the replacement TRD injectors flowed a little less than the old set? So I really want to drive it tomorrow. So I guess I will get up and drive and tune at 6am to get it dialed back in. Ah... the joys of not having normal N/A stuff!!!

If only UCON was available for my 09

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it is back up and running. :top: I actually posted a link to a guy who did an OEM connector swap/write-up to make it work on an '09. Work, but works.

grifter95

Reaction score
Well all seems to be good so far. Will pass 1000 miles on rebuild this week and get the oil changed / check the filter for shavings / etc. Lean spot just below boost seems to be the wideband acting up at that spot instead of an actual lean spot. Got a replacement wideband in and will get it installed this week.

Still getting the tune dialed in 100%... its safe now but too rich at spots where I need to get it fixed. Built the "internet PVC Tacoma laptop stand" for my truck/cupholder to help with tuning/data logging. All in all it seems to be going well. Hopefully can get it 100% done and then find time to dyno it with and without the nitrous-thru-blower and post up some results. I can tell its a little weaker on the bottom end since we dropped compression a half-point with the forged pistons.... Need to figure out if I'm going to add some timing back to make up for it or just leave it alone for safety and not have to retard timing with nitrous....

Decisions Decisions...

Top Bottom