Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dealership Decal Removal

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Figured this would be the better section to post this, so here it goes. As most of you know, dealerships love to slap their decals on vehicles they sell, and I normally wouldn't give a flip about it. The X, being the first vehicle that I am being serious about with looks and performance, I want this decal off. (Picture of it attached below)

My question is, what is the best way to remove these kinds of stickers? I have never attempted to take one off, but I am sure it is on there pretty well. I don't want to leave any residue, or possibly damage the paint, although I would assume that is unlikely. If anyone has any suggestions for me, or has experience with removing similar stickers, please let me know.

Attachments

• dealersticker.jpg
    dealersticker.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 154

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Just peel it off with your fingers and then clean the old residue with some goof off followed by a layer of wax. You can also use a heat gun or hair dryer to help it peel off a little easier. :top:

YotaFab

Reaction score
you could also use some fishing line, if u cant peel it off with ur fingers... if u do use a heat gun make sure to not hold it in one spot to long

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
I'll likely use a hair dryer and fishing line to get it off, thanks for the replies.

joman

Reaction score
you could also use some fishing line, if u cant peel it off with ur fingers... if u do use a heat gun make sure to not hold it in one spot to long

this works or you can you use a blow dryer to get the glue warn then water and soap to get through the thick glue then finish off with cleaner wax then a nice finish with a claybar

morcheez

Reaction score
my dealer had one similar to that and it just peeled right off...didnt leave anything behind

skilledbum23

Reaction score
i told the dealer to take it off and they did, i aint being payed to advertise the dealership

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
i told the dealer to take it off and they did, i aint being payed to advertise the dealership

If you ever look at a dealer invoice, they actually charge YOU for their advertisements... commercials, stickers, all kinds of crap. I forgot the name of the fee. I think it's marketing fee or advertisement fee or some BS. :bird:

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
When i debadged my tailgate i used goo gone to remove resudue it works.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Yea, guy I go to college with has a dakota, and he just got done debadging his entire truck. Said he used goo gone, and it worked really well. I am about to go outside here in a minute and back the truck up to a light socket and whip out the hair dryer! Hopefully I won't need any goo gone.

EDIT: After going out and backing the truck up, I attempted to remove the decal with my hand and it came off no problem, and left no residue. Guess I got lucky with this one!

Last edited:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Yea, guy I go to college with has a dakota, and he just got done debadging his entire truck. Said he used goo gone, and it worked really well. I am about to go outside here in a minute and back the truck up to a light socket and whip out the hair dryer! Hopefully I won't need any goo gone.

EDIT: After going out and backing the truck up, I attempted to remove the decal with my hand and it came off no problem, and left no residue. Guess I got lucky with this one!
i think you should do a small wash in the area clay bar then wax that area or you might as well do a complete wash and wax etc... but should be ok none the less but dont wanna take any chances now do you?:wink:

wshsbears

Reaction score
sometimes u can get away without using goo gone. its hard on ur clear coat and thats why everyone is saying wax that area after using it. i just peel the rest of the sticky residue off and it comes off pretty easy.

be sure to slip and get ur toyota and tacoma emblems off while ur at it!

TXR-HI

Reaction score
use electrical strings/line from electronic sound system.... its rubber and operate it like using fishing line/dental floss

wshsbears

Reaction score
I gotta represent a little now!
it should still say X-Runner on it.. thats plenty of representation. u also have the toyota emblems on the front grill and center caps. u'll end up painting them black after a while and loving the look of those too.

cbfields4

"The Wedding Crasher"
Reaction score

I concur!!!:laugh:

Also if or when you debadge, use some heat or wait for a warm day. I now I have to cover up my mess with a TRD stickekr/decal/logo:motz:

Top Bottom