Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dealership Decal Removal

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
whats the point of debadging? never quite understood it.

denzel05

Reaction score
Smooths the body out and give a cleaner look IMO :top:
x2 on the clean look.

i had the dealer take all there logos and dealer name stuff off before i left the lot the day i purchased the truck. told the salesman unless you pay me or knock the price down, i'm not going to advertise the dealerships name. lol. :biggrin: they didn't like that to much.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
it wouldn't be so bad if dealerships would put them on straight. i can't stand seeing the emblems just slapped on there crooked.

dramad1

Reaction score
Bumping an old tread I know, but I want to remove some vinyl stickers that I have grown tired of.
My plan is to remove all stickers on windows and side of bed and be completely debadged/murdered out.
Windows seem pretty straight forward as far as using a razor blade and some good window/adhesive remover.
Anyone have some tricks to remove the vinyl stickers I have on the side of the bed without damaging the paint? I tried to peel them off but they are on there good and seems like I'd tare the sticker and have bits and pieces left.
Thanks fellas

burnboy

Reaction score
Wd-40 is a solvent and won't hurt your paint

Vinyl if its old is going to be tough

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Bumping an old tread I know, but I want to remove some vinyl stickers that I have grown tired of.
My plan is to remove all stickers on windows and side of bed and be completely debadged/murdered out.
Windows seem pretty straight forward as far as using a razor blade and some good window/adhesive remover.
Anyone have some tricks to remove the vinyl stickers I have on the side of the bed without damaging the paint? I tried to peel them off but they are on there good and seems like I'd tare the sticker and have bits and pieces left.
Thanks fellas

I had an s10 that had huge decals the whole way down the sides. I used goo gone in a little spray bottle, let it soak for a while, then they came off pretty easy. A heat gun helps too, but you have to be careful to not burn the paint.

dramad1

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies fellas. Ill give them both a shot. I thought of a heat gun but was worried I'd bake the sticker into the paint.
Wd and goo gone it is.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies fellas. Ill give them both a shot. I thought of a heat gun but was worried I'd bake the sticker into the paint.
Wd and goo gone it is.

i removed my decals off the tailgate a while back and tried goo gone and even after about 5 times it still didn't get all the glue off. i heard 3M all purpose adhesive remover works really well

dramad1

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm already debadged. I used dental floss for that. I was curious of methods of removing the vinyl trd logo on the side of the bed. I'm over the zombie hunter edition. Got lots of comments about it, want a cleaner look.

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Take your time......... I agee with everyone else...... but on top of all their advise take your time and dont rush it....... damn I took mine inside my house and used my family room coffee table to debagde it...... smae idea with the dealership sticker

whats the point of debadging? never quite understood it.

Everyone loves a smooth ass ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom