Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

debadged the x today

dmbfan73

Reaction score
i've seen a few write ups on how to debadge our x's, fishing wire, credit cards, dental floss etc. well i happen to have a butt-load of 550 chord(parachute chord) so i gutted the cord and used one of the inside strands on my tailgate. this stuff works awesome! had it done in about 30 seconds. thought some of you may like to know a new technique that worked for me. :top:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
nice technique bro...:biggrin: thanks for the great info...:top: now show the pics please...

rich017

Reaction score
I used a heat gun on mine and burnt my leg:smile:

NixXR462

Reaction score
You take it all off or you leave the X Runner? I finally went ahead and finish debadging mine last week and took the X Runner off. Looks nice and sleek now.

dmbfan73

Reaction score
nice technique bro...:biggrin: thanks for the great info...:top: now show the pics please...
sorry, kinda got in a hurry
CIMG0267.jpg

You take it all off or you leave the X Runner? I finally went ahead and finish debadging mine last week and took the X Runner off. Looks nice and sleek now.
took em all off bro!

Last edited:

NixXR462

Reaction score
You got to paint that tailgate handle now. that black handle irritated the hell out of me. Luckily I know "a guy" with SWB paint that paints stuff for me all the time.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
congrats, the truck looks great, did you even heat up the badge or just scrapped it with the wire without heating it

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
damn that looks sweet. i left the xrunner on mine just so everyone will see what it is but also leaves some wonder

dmbfan73

Reaction score
congrats, the truck looks great, did you even heat up the badge or just scrapped it with the wire without heating it
no heat, the 550 chord is nylon so it cut through like butter. then i just used my fingers to pull off the excess glue, goo gone and then a little wax.

808HAWAIIAN

Reaction score
looks good:top: the toyota tacoma had to go but i left the x-runner on just to let people know what it is:biggrin:

x-short-r

Reaction score
I'm planning to take off the toyota and tacoma and paint the x-runner part. What stuff do i use to clean off the marks and what stuff do i use to make the x-runner part stick back on? Thanks !

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
i've seen a few write ups on how to debadge our x's, fishing wire, credit cards, dental floss etc. well i happen to have a butt-load of 550 chord(parachute chord) so i gutted the cord and used one of the inside strands on my tailgate. this stuff works awesome! had it done in about 30 seconds. thought some of you may like to know a new technique that worked for me. :top:
That works to.......

Trick61

Reaction score
yeah i was going to do the same thing this weekend:rockon:

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
i did mine with WD40 and used my fingers to rip it off... still got some adhesive stuck on the tailgate though

Top Bottom