Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DESTROYED a Camaro SS Z28

Edgeman

Reaction score
For the 1997 model year, the Camaro got a new interior and new tri-colored taillight that would be standard on all models from 1997 to 2002. It was offered with a "30th Anniversary Package" which included unique orange stripes on white base paint. It was available only on the Z28 and SS models. 3352 30th Anniversary Z/28s were made in 1997 and 957 30th Anniversary SS cars were built. An additional 100 30th Anniversary Camaro SS vehicles were modified by SLP to include a 330 hp (246 kW) version of the LT4 engine (108 total LT4 cars were made, 100 US, 6 Canadian & 2 prototypes). While the LT4 made it the fastest factory Camaro available, it was also by far the most expensive with a price of over US$38,000. New wheels became standard POS this year (except on the base coupes), being a 5-spoke design, (17" ZR1 style on SS coupe models) available in either polished or chrome (or white on the Anniversary Z28 models), replacing the previous 10-spoke "salad-shooter" design.
In the Z28 models 0-60 was 5.5 seconds and 1/4 at 14.0 seconds. The new SS models 0-60 times of 4.8 seconds and 1/4 at 13.10. Rare SS models with the LT4 engine got even better with 0-60 times in 4.4 seconds and quarter miles of 12.90.

I think shane is right, I think the Z28 badge was added.

The "SS" was on the side of the car (white car with orange stripe paint), The Z28 was on the back.

Was that the last year before the LS-1 arrived? I think it hit the Vette a model year before they put it into the Camaro. The good thing about the LS1 is that it comes with an aluminum block & heads. I don't think there was much of a HP boost from the previous LT-4 (cast iron block) engines, but it was definitely lighter (thus a little faster).

Definitely a nice kill! Those SBCs make nice Q, thus they pull well off the line. Nice kill indeed!

Top Bottom