Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Differential Fluid

dermaestro

Reaction score
What's everyone running?

I'm rotating my tires this weekend and figured while I'm under there I'd swap the fluids out.

Royal Purple?
Red line?

DREGGA

Reaction score
Im running stock dif. fluid for now but I think most people are running REDLINE.

5000XD

Reaction score
i still have redline in the bottle. i might change it pretty soon. already have the redline in my tranny (imo nothing special).

CBRBob

Reaction score
Redline, this truck is so easy to change it's silly!

shook

Reaction score
Im running stock fluid at the moment but have Redline waiting for the day that im not lazy, stock fluid hasnt given me any problems though

grnlark

Reaction score
Do you think maybe the engineers at Toyota put sufficient fluid in the rear from the factory? I mean after all, this isn't a 450hp 800ft lb sleeper. You guys really like to waste your money on stupid sh|t huh?

Matt's06

Reaction score
Do you think maybe the engineers at Toyota put sufficient fluid in the rear from the factory? I mean after all, this isn't a 450hp 800ft lb sleeper. You guys really like to waste your money on stupid sh|t huh?
:motz: yeah......

CBRBob

Reaction score
Did you ever think that toyota needs to build these trucks to a price point? They basically build them to a minimum requirement. That means cheap fluid, cheap brake pads etc. If you are changing them, put the best you can afford.

grnlark

Reaction score
Did you ever think that toyota needs to build these trucks to a price point? They basically build them to a minimum requirement. That means cheap fluid, cheap brake pads etc. If you are changing them, put the best you can afford.

Sure they build to a price point, but I would disagree that Toyota builds to a minimum requirement. If you were talking about Ford or GM, then sure, I'd agree with you 100%. Toyota has a pretty proven track record across the board for fit, finish and quality.

But again, I'd reiterate, we're not running a 800hp motor thru an open wheel 10 bolt here. If in the unlikely event you did shred the rear though, guess what? It's called a warranty. :stupido2:

morcheez

Reaction score
since im to lazy to look at my manual...when does toyota recommend changing the diff fluid??? when did yall do it?

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I just changed my tranny and diff both to amsoil. Shifts like butter and lays tire like a cheerleader on prom night:)

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
since im to lazy to look at my manual...when does toyota recommend changing the diff fluid??? when did yall do it?
It is recommend about every 30K miles, even though the fluid may still look clean it's still a good idea to change because of the LSD diff. setup Gear oil GL-5 Royal Purple and Redline both very good products

Top Bottom