Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

djm question

x-runner808

Reaction score
i just got my djm kit. i have to do the c notch.if i cut the c notch dose this salvage my title.
i need some input on this..thanks.

98_mud_bug

Reaction score
if you go to trade it in to a dealership its considered modified frame and they will not give you anything for it.

Murderface

Reaction score
Ya that sux Hawaii does that:thumpdown: But if u decide u don't want to notch the frame I'd love to be able to buy the notch and hardware from u if possible. Let me know if this is something you'd like to sell cause I'd buy it now!

x-runner808

Reaction score
Ya that sux Hawaii does that:thumpdown: But if u decide u don't want to notch the frame I'd love to be able to buy the notch and hardware from u if possible. Let me know if this is something you'd like to sell cause I'd buy it now!
i will let you know

nkegol4girl

Reaction score
if you go to trade it in to a dealership its considered modified frame and they will not give you anything for it.

when i traded mine in they didn't even check the frame so they didn't see the notch. they gave me a pretty good amount for it.

X-Caliber

Reaction score
IMO it's your truck bro, do what you need to do to make it yours. If the dealership gives you crap about the notch I'd go to a different one, or sell it privately

TXrunner

Reaction score
If you powdercoated or painted the notch before you put it on they probably wouldn't even notice. Just put it back to stock height before you trade it in. I worked at a dealership in Texas for 6 years and when we did a used car check it was well after it was traded in.

If it's at stock height and the notch is painted they won't even notice

pinktaco

Reaction score
what about safety??? hmm do you think they notice??? if was stock height and painted

nkegol4girl

Reaction score
what about safety??? hmm do you think they notice??? if was stock height and painted

They won't notice. Mines was notched but stock height and my tires were shredded and flares were loose from it hitting with obvious scrape marks and I passed.

nkegol4girl

Reaction score
i think i actually went to a pretty strict guy. he failed the guy right before me. i tried going to the ghetto places but they all said they weren't doing any that day.

japboy808

Reaction score
just weld the notch and spray it black thats what i did and youll pass

Top Bottom