Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJM & XII drop?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
wow tire tuck on a static drop... thats crazy!! how much clearance does your front lip have? looks sick but curious to how long it will last on jersey roads....

rennurx

Reaction score
I think I know what drop I want! Looks awesome!

98_mud_bug

Reaction score
Lol well I know what's next on my mod list. I was planning it anyways. But it looks sweet. Can you take a measurement from the side skirt to the ground?

eXtenzeHi

Reaction score
Looks good man. You'll scrape all over the place. Get used to the scraping and rubbing because it took me a while to get used to it.

gearhead899

Reaction score
thanks guys! the lowest part of the truck is the side skirt right behind the front tires and thats 3.5" the front lip may be a tad higher. havnt scraped too much yet, just when im close to full lock i have some rubbing up front but nothing insane. Iv been pretty much just driving really slow everywhere and creeping driveways super slow lol looks like i have to learn how to drive again but its worth it :crinklehair:

easts1d3

Reaction score
That looks insane! I'm having a hard time convincing myself out of doing the same thing!

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
So you just did the djm drop????? I have the XII performance drop...thanks to Xless and XII...... but I want to go lower too (since I don't drive daily..now)

gearhead899

Reaction score
So you just did the djm drop????? I have the XII performance drop...thanks to Xless and XII...... but I want to go lower too (since I don't drive daily..now)
yeah i had the XII but just did the DJM 3/4 while heeping my XII springs in front. i love the look. sits perfect IMO

easts1d3

Reaction score
What does your chiropractor say about it though? Does he foresee long term back problems lol
How rough is the ride?

gearhead899

Reaction score
only put about 20 miles on it so far since i havnt gotten it aligned yet. going to get the alignment done tomorrow morning then i can start putting some more miles on it. ride hasnt changed much as far as i can tell so far. altho iv been real easy over known bad bumps in my area. will keep you guys updated with how close im able to get the alignment

Reaction score
It looks good. Keep you slip from the shop b.c you are going to have to get a second one in about a week once it settles.

gearhead899

Reaction score
Went for my alignment this morning. took 20 minutes just to get it on the rack (i think its low enough now) lol besides that went very smooth and happy to say WE GOT IT IN SPEC!! yup shes in the green with DJM drop AND XII drop springs in front. and she drives like a dream now, no bump steer, no pulling, steering wheels straight. i couldnt be happier with it :top:

dramad1

Reaction score
Went for my alignment this morning. took 20 minutes just to get it on the rack (i think its low enough now) lol besides that went very smooth and happy to say WE GOT IT IN SPEC!! yup shes in the green with DJM drop AND XII drop springs in front. and she drives like a dream now, no bump steer, no pulling, steering wheels straight. i couldnt be happier with it :top:

Sweet! Wish I could go that low. Congrats on getting it with in spec. Have you thought about reinforcing you skirts? Being that low, I can only imagine what the road wants to do to your skirts. Looking good man!

gearhead899

Reaction score
Sweet! Wish I could go that low. Congrats on getting it with in spec. Have you thought about reinforcing you skirts? Being that low, I can only imagine what the road wants to do to your skirts. Looking good man!

thanks dude, havnt really thought of doing anything with the skirts, if they hit they hit lol not much i can do about it. the more i drive it the more i realize it isnt going to be that bad to drive daily. havnt bottomed out yet but i have been real careful entering driveways etc. The only time i rub is when i make sharp right hand turns, the driver front wheel rubs. So ill have to do some trimming there but otherwise im good so far :rockon:

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Damn dude, thats low. I like it. :top: Get some more pics up.

Are you gona stick with 4" blocks?

gearhead899

Reaction score
Damn dude, thats low. I like it. :top: Get some more pics up.

Are you gona stick with 4" blocks?

yeah gonna stay with the 4" blocks any lower and ill have to worry about bottoming out in the rear. especially if im hauling some weight around in the bed. If i were to go any lower id get a custom 4 link done in the rear. the bottom of the shock/leaf spring bracket is already hella close to the ground lol

RRCanuck

Reaction score
No clearance for a 4.5" block eh? I didnt think so. She'd be sitting perfect though with another half inch of drop in the back. :top:

If you do go with a custom drop down the road, dont keep it a secret like some others do and share with your brothers. :laugh: Those kind of people dont do much for forums.

gearhead899

Reaction score
No clearance for a 4.5" block eh? I didnt think so. She'd be sitting perfect though with another half inch of drop in the back. :top:

If you do go with a custom drop down the road, dont keep it a secret like some others do and share with your brothers. :laugh: Those kind of people dont do much for forums.

yeah i may be able to get away with a 4.5" block but i think ill stay with what i have now for a while. And I dont keep my stuff secret like some people lol I like to share what i did and hopefully let people know some info that will help them! if i do end up changing it down the road im probly gonna have my buddy build something custom like a 4 link in the back. Hes built a ton of custom frame drag cars as well as custom bagged trucks and everything in between. so he will be my guy to go to if i change her up again :top:

Reaction score
If you are worried about hauling stuff, you could always get a ride ride air bag system. I have been pulling around the idea of getting the XII 2 inch springs and custom 1.5 inch blocks.

Top Bottom