Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

do you ever just "drive around"?

SX TOY

Reaction score
my buddy and I used to performance drive incessantly when we were younger. well skip to 2009 he has a G35 and I of course have the XR. we haven't hung out much but got to have a day
at the shooting range with the new ar which was in the warehouse district in Doral(miami).
this is the first he has seen of the X and wanted the white knuckle ride. after a few full throttle corners he was convinced that we should "drive around" till we found somewhere to eat. I gotta say I always liked his G35 alot only mod being a centerforce clutch still rock solid. there were many corners I had to let off the gas on so I wouldn't cruise right in to his car. he is not a slack driver as we have both done autocross before. both of us were impressed with the X today.
in closing I love my truck:rock:

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
that's funny, I literally just walked in from "driving around". at least you had a good night, there was nobody on the roads tonight :thumpdown:

Mr Smack Attack

Reaction score
hahaha yeah i have done that usually sundays n funny thing i live in doral , but now we got a new cop unite (their every where ) while 2 years ago i would haul ass in the back ends with my camaro , now with the truck i got watch out since it sticks out a lot ... but still love just driving i even go just driving from doral all the way to the beach just enjoy the drive n haul in 112 ahhaah but yeah i do to love the truck...u still in miami area maybe we can meet up?

Vince77

Reaction score
Being as work about a 1/4 mile from my house, I just ride my bike to work. So I'll take the truck out for a little cruise during the week once in a while.

SX TOY

Reaction score
hahaha yeah i have done that usually sundays n funny thing i live in doral , but now we got a new cop unite (their every where ) while 2 years ago i would haul ass in the back ends with my camaro , now with the truck i got watch out since it sticks out a lot ... but still love just driving i even go just driving from doral all the way to the beach just enjoy the drive n haul in 112 ahhaah but yeah i do to love the truck...u still in miami area maybe we can meet up?

not today I am already back in the keys but the next time I come up I will send you a message no doubt.:top:

Liquid-X

Banned
Reaction score
I love too, at night when there isnt a lot of traffic and I can enjoy the roads

SX TOY

Reaction score
it does offer an inner tranquility that cannot be found through anything else.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
I've put 59,xxx miles on my Fj in just over 2 years... and I don't drive it for 4-6 months in the summer when I'm out in the field working... so yes, I like to just drive around...

My idea of the perfect vacation is NO road maps, No plan, No gps, No destination.... just get in and go.... some of the best memories of my life started with those simple rules... and because of em, I've seen 47 of the 50 states.... :top:

Gutz

Reaction score
My friends and I still just drive around. Looking for some good routes and maybe a lil race here and there. Here is a pic of us just cruising thru some SoCal canyons.....One of them has a G35 too...

img1241668638253.jpg

STONER-X

Reaction score
i go drive around just to kill time... i usually go look for some unsuspecting victims and show them my unpainted tailgate..... haha

nice pic GUTZ i really like the lowered Tundra looks... seeing that you have the S/C im hoping that is the fastest one in the pic :biggrin:

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
I did yesterday and had a mustang GT give me a throttle burp... I looked at him smiled went to 3rd gear and left his ars.. (interstate)

Then as I was coming home there is a place where it goes from 3 to 2 lanes, I pulled up on a audi (turbo) and he smiled at me... I thought if you only knew..... we took off, he chirped 2nd gear, I layed into 2nd hard.... drove right by him... at the next light he said "hey man thats a awesome truck", I said thanks

NixXR462

Reaction score
When I'm bored I always just drive around. One time I drove to Mississippi for a Yoo-Hoo because I didn't have anything better to do.

sc426hemi

Reaction score
i just cruise all the time. i bought my truck in december with 62,xxx on the odo, didnt have for a few months and now its at 84,xxx i spend more on gas just driving around than i do on food

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
i drive around a lot. may be the reason why i have 65k on my 07 :(

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Yea, i do it all the time... Did it yesterday just to chill out. I really love it when guys in other trucks think they can push me around on the road. Haha! The looks on their faces is priceless.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Middle of the night I will go out and just cruise/jam to some tunes.

SX TOY

Reaction score
I am definitely on the right forums! I can't wait to hit a meet and "drive around" :driver:

nine9six

Reaction score
i drive around a lot. may be the reason why i have 65k on my 07 :(

I've only had my truck for about 3 weeks and I've put 4K on the clock.

I'd have money for mods if I could keep my ass out of the drivers seat... :motz:

Top Bottom