Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

does anybody know if a raptor supercharger???

bobby1941

Reaction score
Does anybody know if a raptor supercharger will work on an x-runner? i saw something online saying it was being used on a helux, i think that is what it was called, i've never even heard of a helux i think thats how you spell it.If i'm posting this in the wrong area i appologize ahead of time but i want to know very interesting to me, any comments??? knowledge??? thanx

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Does anybody know if a raptor supercharger will work on an x-runner? i saw something online saying it was being used on a helux, i think that is what it was called, i've never even heard of a helux i think thats how you spell it.If i'm posting this in the wrong area i appologize ahead of time but i want to know very interesting to me, any comments??? knowledge??? thanx

There are two superchargers trd and urd that will work on our truck. tacoma is made for usa and hilux is for the rest of the world

Nope. I believe they have a V8 in them.

I believe the ford raptor has a ecoboost v6

darthyota

Reaction score
theres both a 5.4L v8 and the 6.2L v8 in the ford raptor I'm sure any supercharger that will work for the 5.4L v8 will work in the raptor with that motor and i think henessey does a supercharged version of the 6.2L v8 powered raptor

darthyota

Reaction score
so we did good catch wilson looks similar to the urd setup but from the land down under

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Lol I knew he was talking about the sc that's why I said urd or trd and mort runner was talking about raptor the truck. And I just thought they were a v6.

Anyways that's a nice set up

bobby1941

Reaction score
thanks guys

i saw it on a hilux 4.0 gr tti, toyota motor and yes its from down under it looks pretty bichin, but i do not think it compares to urd, its shiny but does it push, the thread i read said it was pushing n fj 14psi-
i guess thats what caught my attention, what the hell is a helix,helux must be austrailian thanks for the imput,just got my x outta the body shop i hit a pole:ahhhhh: backing up dong 5mph and it got me $7k in damages
and a real good excuse to upgrade my whole suspension to sittinsic:blurock: hell ya , the only problem now is i bent the rear end!!!! 5mph sh----t, i'm frickin shocked, it in another shop now and waitin to hear what this is gonna cost,peace out guys thanx for letting me vent:motz:

Bulldogger

Reaction score
According to the link they state the IGRFE is unbreakable, guys on this forum tend to have a different opinion. Their tuner kit list 320 kw which equates to 429 hp at the crank on 8psi.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
They actually say "The Hilux is 'unbreakable,'" not the 1GRFE. They must watch Top Gear there! :top:

X-roller

Reaction score
wow... stock injectors and stock pump... do they have bigger injectors??

MplsX

Reaction score
Yes, the Raptor supercharger has nothing to do with Ford. The Hilux has a heavy duty frame that Tacoma's do not have. The Top Gear Arctic Special was one of the best episodes ever. Check out the episode featuring the Arctic Trucks diesel powered Hilux here...............

http://myquadvideos.theatvchannel.com/videos/Random/Top_Gear_-_Polar_Special

Sorry that full screen viewing is not available. Worth watching though.

Top Bottom