Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dog passed away last night

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
Last night while I was at work our family dog passed away. Shes been the best dog I could ever ask for as a kid growing up. We all loved her so much and she loved us as much as we loved her. I am still in shock and am very upset that we lost her, but now shes in a better place. Her name was lucky and on her last few days here she was struggling to stay with us. The vetanaran said that she had water in her lungs and had a very weak heart beat and that she was struggling with every breath she took. This is when my parents made the decision to let her go.
I wish I could have said my last good bye to her and let her know that I loved her, but I only was able to say my normal good bye before I left for work. She will always be remembered for all the joy she brought to me and my family. I will miss her very dearly and I know its going to to take a long time for me to get over my loss. This was my first and only pet ive ever had. I am sure that alot of you have gone through somthing similar to me. I really hope and pray that she is alright where ever she may be. She will always remain in my heart.
R.I.P. Lucky 01/01/97 - 04/20/11

Gadget

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel.

We lost our oldest dog last week. I have been through this way to many times and you would think you would get used to it, but it just hurts.

My wife had a Rottweiler when we got married and within a year we lost her the same as yours. Congestive heart failure and it is really hard to watch them to struggle to breath.

Your dog is a piece now and no longer struggling just to breath. Be happy for that.

G

Coupe

Reaction score
Sorry for you loss.

I am a big dog person.

trd_sport

Reaction score
sorry to hear this man, i know what you are going through.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Thats always sad to happen. I have always had dogs and I remember my first dog passed when I was in the 5th grade. I understand how you feel bro.

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel.

We lost our oldest dog last week. I have been through this way to many times and you would think you would get used to it, but it just hurts.

My wife had a Rottweiler when we got married and within a year we lost her the same as yours. Congestive heart failure and it is really hard to watch them to struggle to breath.

Your dog is a piece now and no longer struggling just to breath. Be happy for that.

G

Thanks, she is in a better place now. I am sorry for your loss also. She was a 14 year old golden retriever. Are next door neighbor has a rottweiler and they were basically leke boyfriend and girlfriend, if dogs could really have one. Lol

Thanks everyone for your condolences.

SX TOY

Reaction score
had that feeling before.....sorry for your loss man:thumpdown:

x ynot

Reaction score
i went through the same thing kinda last week i had 3 pet chickens that died from the dog getting in and eating all of them

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I'm a dog person as well. It always hurts to loose a loved one.

Pet%20Memory%20Stone--Paw-shaped%20Dogs%20Leave%206051-290.jpg

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that man. I lost my old less than a year ago and I still can feel it.

In our English class we read a book called "Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein and it made me feel a lot better. http://www.garthstein.com/arr/ It is a book told in the dog's perspective and it made me feel a lot better. It is also really interesting and it has lots of racing references in it. I would definitely recommend reading it... and I hate reading.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great book. I'm going to buy it the next time I go to Borders... and I LOVE reading!
Thanks!

Gadget

Reaction score
If you are getting books, look for the one titled Rescuing Sprite.

G

o5oldblue

Reaction score
I know how hard this is. It never gets easier in fact for me it get harder every time I have to let my pet go. I have 3 dogs right now but I the most recent one was 8 months ago. I have a poem that I like to read every now and then and it just makes me wonder not just about animals but about our loved ones too. I hope you enjoy this and some might have even seen it before.[SIZE=+1]

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... [/SIZE]

Celiblue

Reaction score
Im really sorry for your loss. I had a really close call yesterday with my 8 month old Dobie getting attacked to the death by my neighbor's dogs. The things i would have done to those rottweilers had he passed away. :thumpdown:

Murderface

Reaction score
Joe that sux to hear about ur dog, what sux more is that ur parents did it after u left for work. If they had told u I'm sure u woulda had ur chance to say goodbye.

I have a Jack Russell and every once in a while someone will open my front door and not pay attention to the dog and she will bolt right on out. The #1 killer for Jack Russells is getting hit by a car and when she gets out I'm always thinking I'll either see her get hit an killed or I'll get there after it has happened. It's very stressful to go thru this when some dumbass doesn't pay attention, I'm the only one in my whole family who hasn't accidentally let her out because I'm scAred of the outcome.

If u need a hug or a shoulder to cry on u know where I live:top:

limskey

Reaction score
I'm sorry for the loss. It's amazing how much our dogs can have such an affect on us. Man's best friend. How true!

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your condolences. I am feeling a little better now, my girlfriend came up from college to see me and made me feel better.

Its weird waking up or coming home and not seeing her greet me as she always used too.

Thats a nice poem you got there o5oldblue. I really do hope shes happy and playing with other dogs in doggy heaven.

Joe that sux to hear about ur dog, what sux more is that ur parents did it after u left for work. If they had told u I'm sure u woulda had ur chance to say goodbye.

I have a Jack Russell and every once in a while someone will open my front door and not pay attention to the dog and she will bolt right on out. The #1 killer for Jack Russells is getting hit by a car and when she gets out I'm always thinking I'll either see her get hit an killed or I'll get there after it has happened. It's very stressful to go thru this when some dumbass doesn't pay attention, I'm the only one in my whole family who hasn't accidentally let her out because I'm scAred of the outcome.

If u need a hug or a shoulder to cry on u know where I live:top:

Thanks for your offer John, glad to know that your here for me :top:.

faulkdizzle

Reaction score
i feel your pain, when we had to put our rotti down last year, i couldnt even get out of my truck, ii had to have my wife take him in to the vet while i sat in the truck balling my eyes out. i feel your pain, thats one of the worst feelings in the world..... just remember all the good times you had with him. RIP lucky.

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. This is hard but it is a fact of life and I am sure your puo is in doggie heaven having a ball :)

Top Bottom