Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dr. ColorChip Paint Repair Review

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Since RJ fails at life and has not tested the product that he has had forever. I was forced to purchase my own kit and go out on the limb myself.

I just received my Dr. ColorChip kit and will be using it this Sunday.

I will write a full review with pictures when I am done.

Check them out here: http://drcolorchip.com/

It looks like with some skill applied it will turn out very nicely.

Vince77

Reaction score
This will be great if it works well. Can't wait to see the results.

BlackCat

Reaction score
I read through the website, it looks like a basic "blob-n-blend" technique. I did the same thing in the "Reborn" thread with regular touch-up paint, an expired credit card (to scrape off excess), a clean rag and a bottle of isopropyl alcohol.

The Dr Colorchip stuff is probably formulated to cure slower so the blending solution can wipe off the excess easier, but the fundamental idea is the same.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I read through the website, it looks like a basic "blob-n-blend" technique. I did the same thing in the "Reborn" thread with regular touch-up paint, an expired credit card (to scrape off excess), a clean rag and a bottle of isopropyl alcohol.

The Dr Colorchip stuff is probably formulated to cure slower so the blending solution can wipe off the excess easier, but the fundamental idea is the same.

I agree, but his paints and removers are probably formulated down to a science by now.

The paint is fully cured in 2 mins to 2 hours (depending on conditions).

His removal solution doesn't smell like alcohol, not quite sure what it is.

If it works well its worth the few bucks for all the brushes and crap you get.

Not the cheapest stuff in the world but im lazy too.

Tapp

Reaction score
wait a minute DS...:hmmmm2:

you mean to tell me you have A scratch/paint chip on your truck??????

tiss tiss...

-seriously let us know, lord knows i need to remove a few things...:biggrin:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
wait a minute DS...:hmmmm2:

you mean to tell me you have A scratch/paint chip on your truck??????

tiss tiss...

-seriously let us know, lord knows i need to remove a few things...:biggrin:

Yes on the entire truck I have 3 chips that I am aware of. :laugh:

5000XD

Reaction score
Been waiting for a review since december when this got posted the first time around :laugh:

By the way its tuesday now, 2 days after sunday, any results?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yes it works good, their paint drys pretty much instantly lol. This allows you to build paint up in deep chips very rapidly.

The removal chemical is excellent too (not quite sure what it is, it smells like bubblegum). A few wipes with the removal chemical and the excess paint is off immediately. No scrubbing at all, just wipe back and forth with just enough pressure to keep the rag on the surface and its off.

No pictures though, my camera sucks ass.

I also spilled half the bottle of paint in the driveway lol.

Overall I am very happy with it, I have to actually look for the chip now.

5000XD

Reaction score
Very interesting, sounds very promising and good! I might need to get this. But then again I have like 1 million chips, a shop might do a better job on this one.

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
What man doesn't give a new chemical a good huff when he first opens it?

Come on now...

Its like spoiled milk, once you smell it......you have to try it again just to make sure, then let your friends smell it! :biggrin:

spcblack2001

Reaction score
so i know it that this is about chiped paint but what if its a bigger spot about the size of a dollar bill? i hit a deer,,,, dont ask itS PAINFUL ENOUGH!

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I have a few chips that annoy me so I'm game. I just ordered me some stuff. Thanks for the info and testing it. :top:

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
I bought the large sized kit to try to fix the rock chips on the rear fenders, and the key scratch on my passenger door. And so I had some extra in case I wanted to black some stuff out. I gotta say this stuff is easy to use and a perfect color match.

My question for anyone however is... why can't I fill in the key scratch enough, I keep putting extra coats and just can't build it up enough to where to can't see/feel it. Should I now take some clear coat and try fill it in???

XDsm

Reaction score
I have quite a few chips that I have been wanting to paint up. I was going to buy some touch up paint but if this works better I might go with it. I got some nasty chips on my hood and the usual spots on the rear fenders.

Top Bottom