Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drift day at Willow Springs

Fisherman

Reaction score
Maybe this vague post will drag more of you out there... What if i said you will get a first hand experience/ride along in my truck, with some new "parts" that will sure to impress??? :wink:

Only Dan knows what i'm going on about...:rockon:

sure about that? :biggrin:

Fiddich

Reaction score
$10 entry and includes ride alongs. Bring dot approved helmet.

I think I would weight the truck down so it wouldn't drift anymore... did you get a 7th injector? is that the new parts since the meet? or change out to a uconn?

dramad1

Reaction score
I think I would weight the truck down so it wouldn't drift anymore... did you get a 7th injector? is that the new parts since the meet? or change out to a uconn?

He has the ucon. Lol. But yeah 7th?

dramad1

Reaction score
So this Sunday? To bad not a Saturday. Ill try to make it but no guarantees. If I do t see you, gl and smash on them fools.

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Guys it will be well worth the trip to see Kevin tearing up the competition. Plus you will get to see the new Coilovers in action!

Fiddich

Reaction score
So this Sunday? To bad not a Saturday. Ill try to make it but no guarantees. If I do t see you, gl and smash on them fools.

you can meet me in the OC on the 5 on the way up..

is Kevin going to be bringing up the BBQ? I got the hot dogs again at Costco..

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Two things going on. First. Stephanie is throwing a hissy fit. More coil pack codes, anything past like 60% load the truck misses. Im thinking more ucon problems. Just tried unplugging the battery. See what that does. Last resort will be to oull the ucon iut

Also, we might be leaving earlier. Like around 11 or so

you can meet me in the OC on the 5 on the way up..

is Kevin going to be bringing up the BBQ? I got the hot dogs again at Costco..

Yah we are bringing a bbq

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch. Not a good feeling this close to crunch time. I hope you get it figured out bro.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
11am Saturday? If I recall you plan on camping out Saturday and drift Sunday correct?

Yup leaving Saturday.

Mark. Spent and hour with a fellow hot rodder after work. Couldnt duplicate the concern. Also, on my lunch break the throttle bs started again. No codes, and can command full throttle as needed. This was after the battery cable was pulled.

After work, truck drove perfectly fine couldn't duplicate shit. Preformed votlage drops and resistance test on the throttle control wires. Nada nothing out of spec. The intial problem this morning felt kinda like spark blow out. Super intermittent. only went into positive mani pressure for a few sec. Felt fine. All plugs showed no signs of spark knock. Dunno.

Im gonna bring my stock injectors so I can remove the ucon if it throws more bs at the track.

Worth mentioning.... left to work really late today, ended up running into a sport bike on the freeway. Truck pulled excellent +130plus....no codes or problems. Truck drove perfect. Confused the hell out of the guy on his older cbr. Lol:blurock: these problems have generally been caused during partial throttle. Never very high load or near wideopen throttle. Which plays ok for an event where ill be commanding very high load.

Outburst

Reaction score
just got permission from the girl. i'll be going. :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
So today the throttle pretty much cut out on me. Full throttle was 20% tps. I figured enough is enough. Re soldered every single wire that was tampered with. Unfortunately my mrk 1s computer was installed by a ****ing moron. I found random wire that were cut and twist tied back together... for what ever reason. One of the wire for the etcs was also tampered with. Low and behold, not even soldered. When I unistalled it, I cut wires as actually soldered it, but the wires that I was soldering were not even properly wired in.

So every single wire thay was tampered with was properly repaired as need.. took 3 solid hours of un****ing to fix it all.. Drove the truck home, and all is well.

Im goimg to keep driving the truck every day instead of the civic in hopes that this problem is finnal subdued before Saturday.

WE ARE LEAVING FROM SD AT 11AM sat. INSTEAD OF THE ORIGINLlY PLANNED 330pm Saturday! !!!!

Outburst

Reaction score
when is everyone going up? is everyone going up with kevin? or do peopel plan on going on sunday.

Gadget

Reaction score
If you get any more codes, please use your scan tool and pull the freeze frame data before clearing them and forward that info to me.

Loose and twisted wires will certainly cause problems, but at the same time I need to make sure you are 100% with the UCON.

G

Top Bottom