Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Droppin soon, planning

PAXR

Reaction score
I am planning on droppin my X. I like the Sittin sic kit with the coils and QA1's. I want to know if there is a monoleaf option that is not the composite leaf? I have seen the monoleaf mentioned on here alot but I don't want the composite leaf. I thought someone made a steel monoleaf that would drop the back 2". Also are there any clearance issues at all running stock rims and 255 tires?

Slay0r

Reaction score
i could b wrong, but have they ever released the single steel leaf yet?

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

XII Performance will be stocking steel leafs soon. I actually just got off the phone with the company that have designed them and will be producing them. We are in the final process of having the steel leaf design completed. I'm hoping a prototype set will begin production this week possibly first of next week for us to test. They told me that the production time after release would be somewhere in the 3 week time frame.

I have no clue on price yet for a set. I have not got that far with the company that has designed them for production. I hope i can answer everyones cost question sometime in the next couple of weeks. Ive been working with the designer the last week putting this deign together. As the design is completed, the pricing department will get with me on the cost. I will also post a photo on here of the set once they arrive, and keep everyone posted during testing.

We will test these on and off the track once they arrive.

PAXR

Reaction score
Amy, any issues running stock wheels and 255 tires with the ss front drop kit?

Slay0r

Reaction score
no issues with the 255 tire, but majority of rubbin' issues have to do with the offset of the wheel

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
You will have no issues. We currently have a Aftermarket Rim (18") with Stock size tires (255/45). On the race track we run Stock Rims with 275/40 race tires and still have no problems. When we installed our Sittin Sic Track Plus Kit (coils, sway bars, composite leafs & QA1's) we took the truck on a road trip to break it in and really get to know the kit. We drove it up the Coast through Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia and Deleware. Some of those roads were really really rough. We had no problems. If you have any questions about the kit, just let us know anytime!

PAXR

Reaction score
Amy, please PM me when you have details on the ss kit with the steel rear mono leaf.

Anyone else have issues hauling some cargo after a drop? I will still need to haul my motocross bike and this could be a deal breaker.

Slay0r

Reaction score
Qa-1s will help you out the best bang for buck, but some members have done air-assist, and bags

Murderface

Reaction score
U where in Delaware and didnt contact any of us NE guys? Fail?

Can't wait to finally see a steel drop leef since I cracked both my composites and sold them once they were replaced. I'll be watching

BondXII

Reaction score
Amy, please PM me when you have details on the ss kit with the steel rear mono leaf.

Anyone else have issues hauling some cargo after a drop? I will still need to haul my motocross bike and this could be a deal breaker.

I haul around my four wheeler all the time with the composites (Honda Rancher 420 4x4) and a john boat from time to time. Haven't had any issues. The steel rear drop leaf springs that we are having produced are not a monoleaf. It is a "stacked" spring like OEM, only they will be lower and performance oriented.

U where in Delaware and didnt contact any of us NE guys? Fail?

Can't wait to finally see a steel drop leef since I cracked both my composites and sold them once they were replaced. I'll be watching

I would have loved to hang out with the NE crew. We went up there because my dad was having a triple bypass. I wish it was a joy ride so we could have met up with some of you, but we were on a mission. On top of that, we weren't purchasing Sittin Sic yet. That didn't start until later. We'll catch up with you guys next. Hopefully for better reasons.

PAXR

Reaction score
Bond,
PM me when those stacks come in. Any ideas on price yet?

Also with the SS kit I have seen some reviews of people having inner tire wear issues do to the camber being out of whack. Is this correctable after installing the SS coils? Is it correctable to the point that I will have zero tire wear issues?

Last edited:

sohc4now

Reaction score
An alignment and proper tire rotation schedule will help inner tire camber wear.

BondXII

Reaction score
Not sure on price just yet. We are ordering one set for now to prototype ourselves first. With it being one set, it costs more than it will when we stock up. Once we figure bulk prices, we can figure out the cost for you guys. It will be more than the composites but unsure by how much just yet. We will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Using our drop coils, you can get the alignment within spec fairly easily. Just remember they settle and you most likely will need to align again after you drive it around for a while. Some people are lucky and only need to do it the first time and they're good. Others need to have it done a few times while the coils find their sweet spot.

And yes, rotation schedules are key for longevity of any tire.

Top Bottom