Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

droppin the X

srt761

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sorta new to the street truck scene and am curious about dropping my x. I was originally gimme use blocks for the back but was told not to race with blocks cause of axle wrap. I was told I could remove a leaf to drop but not to dire on it.. any info?

justin13703

Reaction score
Don't do that lol. Blocks aren't the ideal way but they're a heck of a lot better than removing a leaf. I personally have blocks and haven't had any problems with them. The best way would be the composite or steel lowering leaf sets from xii performance, and if you have a couple extra bucks a set of qa1s with them. Axle wrap or wheel hop can happen with any of these setups. Really the best way to keep it from happening is with a traction bar.

srt761

Reaction score
Do you roll on ur truck pretty good? Ide hate to get blocks and then roll on the truck and pow! I'm not lookin to dump a ton into a drop. I was curios about the blocks though cause xii sells them witj springs so surely it's not a common problem??

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i'm currently using 3" blocks and i get a little axle wrap and wheel hop. also truck sags to low and rides really harsh with a few hundred pounds in the back. i'm swapping mine out for 2" blocks. i definitely don't recommend the 3" blocks for anyone that uses there truck as a truck

srt761

Reaction score
I'm lookin at 2" blocks. I roll on my truck pretty hard lol. Usually smoking tires in first and chirping 2nd. I'm not lookin to slam it just fill in the huge gap in my wheel well lol. But I still want to be able to race it lol

srt761

Reaction score
I think my local auto parts store sells them..

motoxx199

Reaction score
:adore: xii performance I would not bother going any where else. Get the street drop kit and you will be more than happy.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
:adore: xii performance I would not bother going any where else. Get the street drop kit and you will be more than happy.

agreed! not much drop but enough to fix the massive wheel gap in the back and the drop coils feel great around the twisties!

justin13703

Reaction score
2 inch blocks would be as far as you'll want to go without a notch. If you get them from your "local auto parts store" though they will probably go boom lol. The streetacos ones are the best by far

Reaction score
^X2 Plus the QA1 make the truck feel better and are adjustable for what you are doing.

srt761

Reaction score
How many of u guys have blocks and race or play in your truck? Anyone had any issues?

Outburst

Reaction score
i think it really depends on how low you drop your truck.

streettaco blocks allow you to custom order blocks to offset the pin and taper the block to compensate for wrap. if you wanna race your truck go for those blocks! i've had no issues with them on.

srt761

Reaction score
I'm lookin at dropping 2". Nothing crazy. I like to play in my truck but have heard guys talk about wrap with blocks.

justin13703

Reaction score
I'm lookin at dropping 2". Nothing crazy. I like to play in my truck but have heard guys talk about wrap with blocks.

You will have wheel hop no matter what. You'll just have to get a traction bar to get rid of it. As long as you go with good blocks and u bolts, you won't have any problems with a 2 inch drop.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Is it good just to drop the front only using their coils?

you can but its going to look really funny if you leave the rear at stock height. looks good with 2" or 3" blocks in the rear but the 3" blocks leave you less suspension travel before you bottom out. much rougher ride with a little weight in the back

Mr.X

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "roll" but if that means drive then yes I drive my truck and I'm sitting on the djm front and xii rear composite leafs plus a block to give me a 3/4 drop but I am c notched. And as far as racing I do race it from time to time and with this set up its as stiff as if I had qa1 at max stiffness so I don't get too much wheel hop as long as its a clean smooth road. If you are doing just a 2in I'd go xii street drop that was my previous drop and it was the best bang for my buck!!!!

Ps your auto parts store just carries a universal aluminum block kit and under some weight those could buckle I'd spend a little more and have a way better drop with the xii…also to avoid wheel hop and breaking something I'd high suggest a traction bar it'll also improve your launch for racing and I have one for sale!!!!
53cc0692.jpg

Xrunner lowered on xii street drop
1128091526.jpg

Xrunner with djm drop
2b749be7.jpg

srt761

Reaction score
That's a crazy traction bar lol. And login the djm setup, very clean. I've got stock coils up front but want to drop the back to get a more level look and hide some of that huge gap.

Top Bottom