Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DTLT o2 sim?

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
Do i really need the o2 sim? i dont know if it is worth the extra $75 or not.... Does it have anything to do with helping pass smog or does it just turn the cel off?

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
Well im going to be getting a scan gauge pretty soon here and im wondering if i can clear the code through it and just drive it around or will the ecu do something funky to compensate for the "lack of cats"

Murderface

Reaction score
Read my above post again I added something to it for ya

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
Interesting.....
Anyone else know if the o2 sim will allow it to pass an OBD-II smog check due to the fact that it simulates a nomal reading? Also has anyone put DTLT on their truck and not used the o2 sim (no X-1 either)

Coupe

Reaction score
Without them, you will throw a code about every 2 -3 days. You can use the scan gauge to clear the code, but it will come back.

I later put on the X-1. No codes.

08x

Reaction score
with out them it does throw codes i have them and there not workin rite and it throws codes every single day after the truck is warmed up its apain but the scan gauge clears it while driving and i probly am loosing mileage but i dont no to be honest with ya

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
As everyone else has already said you will continously thro codes due to the fact that the computer is always monitoring its sensors so the engine can run as efficient as possible. You will also notice a drop in your mpg's, so GL with your decision and hope i could help.

twolane

Reaction score
i can say first hand it fails the test. after 3 starts the check engine comes on and you can smell it running rich. Yeah it may sound a little more girthy but you piss your gas mileage right down the drain. get the sim. it keeps the check engine light off and i was able to pass phoenix az obdII/ smog test. all it does is make the computer think its running stock. so, when it comes down to it... no sim- fail. either buy the sim or cough up the cash for the x1. Ive been coughing for 2 years.. still no dough for the x1.. :( Gadget ill be looking you up in the next couple months though. Ive been working the corner overtime. I feel truck parts are worse than heroin.

Top Bottom