Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dumped exhaust vs. Stock exit location volume?

memario1214

Reaction score
I know a bunch of you guys have dumped your exhausts for one reason or another... How would you all weigh in as to how the exhaust note changes in the cab as well as outside of the truck? Thinking of building a custom 3" exhaust for my truck and can't decide whether to dump it or not

05H0TWHEELS

Reaction score
Its loud in the cab and outside. Well I was running long tube headers with the larger primaries

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Depends on where you have it dumped. I had mine dumped under the cab for a while, it was horrible. moved the dump back by the axel, if you have it angled so its not pointing straight down its not bad IMO.

SDXR619

Reaction score
I too have had an exhaust dumped under the cab.. Worst thing ever. Messes with the sub bass on my system and makes everything sound out of tune. Moved it behind the axel and it made it slightly better. I think the stock location is best because it doesn't let the sound resonate under the bed and crap.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Mine is dumped and I hate it... when I got my Turbo setup that's how it was.. if I had it my way it would be out the stock exit.. but that is money I don't have right now.. so I have to deal with it..

I like the way it sounds I just can't stand the cab noise.. hard to hear the radio and talk on the phone (not that I do that much) mine is dumped a pinch after the cab pointed at a downward 45 degree towards the side of the truck

SIK X

Reaction score
Listen to us!!!!! Dont dump it! lol if your drive your truck alot your will hate it. the sound bounces around underneath the truck wether its before or after the axle. dump it out the factory cut-out and the sound cant stay under the truck. I dumped mine, then undid that shit the next day.haha

memario1214

Reaction score
I really wan't planning on dumping it actually, but I keep hearing from people that dumping it gets rid of the drone somehow... I figured I would pose the question to the performance guys. Thanks!

Bang Bang

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of exhaust exiting out the back and or deletion of the stock location?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Listen to us!!!!! Dont dump it! lol if your drive your truck alot your will hate it. the sound bounces around underneath the truck wether its before or after the axle. dump it out the factory cut-out and the sound cant stay under the truck. I dumped mine, then undid that shit the next day.haha

Ahhhhh.....but you've forgotton already????? o_O

It depends on how you dump it.....

Mine is currently dumped, close to the cab under the bed. It is just barely throaty with all 4 cats and a resonated AT2525XL. Doesn't drone like the stereotype. :smile:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Ahhhhh.....but you've forgotton already????? o_O

It depends on how you dump it.....

Mine is currently dumped, close to the cab under the bed. It is just barely throaty with all 4 cats and a resonated AT2525XL. Doesn't drone like the stereotype. :smile:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm................................ :rolleyez:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bang Bang

Reaction score
I was talking about the folks who have pipe running staight back. I know there are a few folks, very few running it that way. I remeber someone with an exhaust video who had one with a tuner muffler ran out the rear. Im not talking about dumping it. Just would like to see some pics and maybe ideas of what others have done.

Top Bottom