Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Easiest plasti dip removal

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
My wheels were plasti dipped about a year ago and as you fellow dippers know, it does not come off as easily as they make it look on YouTube. I found an extremely easy way to remove the dip from your wheels.

Go to autozone and get the biggest can of wd40 you can buy. Spray liberally on your dipped area and wait about 5 minutes. Then wipe off with a rag! It's as simple as that. The wd40 turns the old plasti dip into melted butter without damaging any paint, clear coat, rubber or plastics. (Just make sure to remove all wd40 residue to be safe)

You can speed up this process by using a pressure washer to remove the wd40'd dip instead of a rag. This is what I did as well as a rag.

Just BE CAREFUL not to get a lot of wd40 on your brakes and calipers. I don't know about you, but I like to stop!

Happy dipping!

Last edited:

eXtenzeHi

Reaction score
Good find. I was using goo gone and it freaking sucked. It was super messy and goo gone was irritating to clean.

triumphx

Reaction score
Yup wd-40 works miracles on adhesives. I manage a pawn shop and use it to remove stickers and such off inventory for sale

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Update with pics

before:
32103094.jpg

after:
44E36437.jpg

30B12CFF.jpg

nick_gz1

Reaction score
man i dont know why it was plasti dipped in the first place, it looks way better now

xrunrob

Reaction score
Yes sir they Look a lot better now. Those would look nice on bsp as well.

Top Bottom