Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ebay black headlights ruined

Super Werty

Reaction score
lil update...its been 1 year and 4 months since this happened. I bought a new set of headlights because they kept peeling

well guess what....its happening again to my new set.:thumpdown: It mustve just happened in the last 24 hrs

how is this only happening to mine? :motz:

STONER-X

Reaction score
how is this only happening to mine? :motz:

cause you 4x4 launch :laugh::laugh::laugh::rockon::rockon::smile::smile::smile::rolleyez::rolleyez::rolleyez::biggrin:

do you use any plastic cleaners or waxes??? maybe you are putting something on it that is eating the outer coating??

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
go to auto zone get this
problem solved :top:

3M-HEADLIGHT-KIT.JPG

Outburst

Reaction score
Just bought a set of these on ebay. Hope it doesn't happen to mine. :<

How do you detail your car? I'm also wondering if there's any additives that's causing the problem.

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
nope.... ur the second :eviltongue:..... it just started happening to mine about 2 months ago except they're halos, a whole $250 worth, http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=38933.... so it wasn't my dad's fault after all.... PM me if u figure out how to fix em werty

Just bought a set of these on ebay. Hope it doesn't happen to mine. :<

How do you detail your car? I'm also wondering if there's any additives that's causing the problem.
it will...

Last edited:

HiTek21

Reaction score
What brand of Ebay black headlights are you using? I bought a set of anzo black headlights to redo my Projector retrofit with, crossing my fingers they don't mess up.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Mine started doing that October of last year. They are pretty bad now. One of these days I'm going to sit in front of the car with a roll of packing tape and peel it all off, or get new ones and do it all over again. Haven't had time to really do anything about it yet.

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
I'll bet my bottom dollar it has a whole lot to do with the Arizona heat. It plays hell on clearcoat, trim and headlight/tail light lenses. I've lived alot of places and no where else have I seen so many peeling, scorched, dulled out headlight lenses, sun eaten paint and literally sun rotted trim on vehicles. It's an act of god werty....don't fight it bud. You could always try those black lense covers all the "murdered out" dudes run. Might not look to bad against the white. They're about $80 @ stylintrucks.com

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Why don't u guys just use that 3m thing that I posted. You attach it 2 a screw gun and sand the whole lens and there won't be anymore peeling

Top Bottom