Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

electrical help

Xtacy

Reaction score
A while back while working under my truck I accidentally pulled one of the wires from my rear exhaust oxygen sensor connector. My check engine light was always on because of this. From where it was pulled out I was unable to resolder, thankfully I was able to get a used connector from gadget. I spliced the new connector and wires by soldering and heat shrink. For about a week the CEL stayed off until I was driving home it came on again. The code was p0137 which is basically a fault with the sensor or something with the exhaust, misfire, etc. Using my obd-II I turned off the CEL to see if it would stay off, which it did for about another week then came on again. Anyone think the problem is because I soldered and maybe the connection for one of the wires wasn't on good enough? anyone have any insight on this?

Gadget

Reaction score
The sensor may of been damaged from being in the exhaust and not powered correctly.

Try swapping the two rear O2 sensors from side to side. If the code moves to the other side replace the sensor with a new Denso one.

If you get the same code, I would take a good look at your wiring job.

G

Top Bottom