Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Engine noise

gorham05

Reaction score
Does anyone elses xr make a kind of rattling noise when you shut the engine off. when i shut the engine off it make a weird noise for a second. i took it to the toyota dealer here and they told me that most of the 6 speed transmission tacomas make the same noise and that it was normal. i was just curious if they were full of sht.

LAYITONTHEDOORS

Reaction score
i have guys here complaining of the torque converters going out. anyone else have that happen

gorham05

Reaction score
it sound like something in the catalytic converter loose or something under there. im not to inclined with engine noises. It doesnt have but 28000 miles. They say it normal but it dont sound right

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
No i dont have that rattle noiseon my xrunner but you should tell the dealer that you have friends with tacos or x's and there truck dont make such a noise..... Just BS with the dealer.

Troskey

Reaction score
dude...i think that was you that i saw sitting at the light on Margie Dr while i was home last weekend! i didnt know if you still checked this site or not..

my ex and i were sitting at Sonic...and i saw you get stopped at the light there on Margie...

gorham05

Reaction score
dude...i think that was you that i saw sitting at the light on Margie Dr while i was home last weekend! i didnt know if you still checked this site or not..

my ex and i were sitting at Sonic...and i saw you get stopped at the light there on Margie...

Yeah i remember seeing a xr at sonic last weekend with black tail lights. that might of been you that i saw on margie. I live behind the mall in centerville

Troskey

Reaction score
Yeah i remember seeing a xr at sonic last weekend with black tail lights. that might of been you that i saw on margie. I live behind the mall in centerville

yup yup..that was me...i was home for the weekend...i was enjoying the day with my ex...i might be home again next weekend...it was suppose to be the weekend of the 15th...but the Patriots are comin down to play the Bucs and i should have free tix to go..and i dont wanna miss it...even if it is a preseason game...

X-Runnin

Reaction score
Try holding the shifter when you turn the engine off and see if it still does it

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
that sucks that your engine is doing that. i haven't noticed that in my truck and i got an 06. like Hi_on_X stated earlier...just BS with the mechanics.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
If the truck is still cold when I shut her down, then she shuts down a bit rough, but that's about it. Any chance you can get a sound clip with something that has high quality so we can hear it clearly?

gorham05

Reaction score
ill see if i can get a sound clip on her. it makes the noise all the time. thanks for the advice. troskey you ought to hit me up if you get a free minute next time your here. id like to see your xr, mayeb get some advice on some future mods for me.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Mine makes a noise too...

Push the clutch in when you turn it off...it will be quiet!

rich017

Reaction score
Mine has done it since day one. The shifter shakes also. I thinks its normal

gorham05

Reaction score
i guess it could be normal, but it still sounds like sh*t. i wish there was something the dealer could do

Troskey

Reaction score
ill see if i can get a sound clip on her. it makes the noise all the time. thanks for the advice. troskey you ought to hit me up if you get a free minute next time your here. id like to see your xr, mayeb get some advice on some future mods for me.

right on...i'll be home friday night some time...i'll be in town until monday evening...i'll shoot you my number thru a pm...

Top Bottom