Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

exposed pics of YELLOW TRD Xrunner @ sema 2008

blueblazeracer

Reaction score
One of the things at sema i wanted to get a look at this year was the yellow concept Xrunner. Found it on the second day while driving the tundra on toyotas off road Prove It course.

The guy at the booth was really cool and let me really check it out since i know more about it then he did. I tried to take as many pics of things that differ from stock as possible. Interesting things was the aero underbelly kit and the rear diff from Currie, the extra injectors, and how the intake was setup. Alos got a look at how the seats were mounted. I got to pop the hood and look around as well as have a seat in this beauty. She would be a fun ride.

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

DSC02078.jpg

DSC02079.jpg

DSC02080.jpg

DSC02086.jpg

DSC02087.jpg

DSC02088.jpg

DSC02089.jpg

DSC02090.jpg

DSC02091.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

DSC02095.jpg

DSC02096.jpg

DSC02097.jpg

let me know iof you guys notice any thing else from the shots.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
great pics, lot of detail, this one is an amzing concept vehcicle that i am sure anyone of us would dream of having, congrats on seeing it in person, not that many people get that oportunity, wish i had taken more pics when i got to see it

blueblazeracer

Reaction score
i got some contacts on where its kept in cali so maybe we can get even more info. A test drive would be nice

hrspwr236

Reaction score
i would pay to get a test drive, that would be awesome but highly unlikely, they are real protective over this one

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Great pics... interesting how they have the intake ran. :hmmmm2:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
i would pay to get a test drive, that would be awesome but highly unlikely, they are real protective over this one

The trap speeds are a good rep of the hp. And for a stock XR, 89mph is pretty accurate, so with that in mind I would assume that the 102mph for the TRD XR is accurate as well. Disregard the ET as there are way to many factors involved to gauge it.

There testing:
TRD XR - 14.54 @ 102.3mph
Stock XR - 16.27 @ 89.6mph

I wonder if I was to race the TRD XR in my XR.. who would win.. :biggrin:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am curious of that S/C. That one is totally different. That digital cluster is awsome. It is amazing what TRD can come up with. To bad they keep most of it to themselves.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
I noticed the drilled rotors for the rear along with the wider body. Nice molded front end and extra oil lines under the oil filter...and all the sheet metal under the whole truck. Still a sweet version of an X.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Its nice and all but really for a "concept truck" I would think it would be a little more clean?

I dunno in my opinion I as well as quite a few other X's on here here have prettier engine bays to say the least...

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I am curious of that S/C. That one is totally different. That digital cluster is awsome. It is amazing what TRD can come up with. To bad they keep most of it to themselves.

That blower was the first prototype for the 1GR supercharger. We are running the 3rd mock up. The 2nd one is almost identical to what we have, just minor things were different (bolt locations, shape of the runner, stuff like that).

Its nice and all but really for a "concept truck" I would think it would be a little more clean?

I dunno in my opinion I as well as quite a few other X's on here here have prettier engine bays to say the least...

On the contrary.. not so much a concept truck, but a purpose built project truck. The guys at APR were part of the team that worked on those trucks. They told me that they weren't 'concepts' per say, but purpose built for a project. :top:

Dito on the better looking engine bays.. IMO, not a big fan of the 'under the hood' appearance of the truck.

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
I dont mine having the rear trd bbk's.....:rock:

InkedRunner

Reaction score
I noticed the dented up underbelly and melted tires. It looks like it has at least been driven and driven hard. Good. Its nice but with all the closer up pics you took I like it a little less than before. Its not all that.. I like how ours are built.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
the truck looks good...nothing TOO over the top...and the changes that are apparent make it just enough to stand out from the crowd :)

Super Werty

Reaction score
I just want the digital cluster and maybe the seats

I remember seeing it back in Jan 06, before I knew what an x-runner was, walked right up to it when no one was around, opened it up and stuff, lol

I remember thinking to myself, that is an ugly roll cage:laugh:

8ate8

Reaction score
If you were at Carlisle '07, you would have been able to see it driving around. We had the guy from Meguiar's drive it over to where we had all the Tacomas parked.

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

xrunna07

Reaction score
that b i t c h is bad, i wish i could see this thing in person, haha for it being fast and all it should not have audio weight in the back lol!

Grumpy

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics!:top: One of these day, I like to see it in person.
Got anymore pic of the dual electric fan setup & rear sway set up. I sway bar is now mounted on the frame (but where?) instead of the axle to reduce unsprung weight. Front sway bar pic too if you got 'em.

Top Bottom