Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fair price?

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
I'm in sort of a Picke right now. My insurance is trying to find "comparables" to determine fair market value for my truck. With the t-56, blower, and all my other mods you can see on the top of my post, what do you guys think the value would be? And it had around 35k on the odometer.

Last edited:

JFrame

Reaction score
Was there anything you could get off of there and sell on the side? It's been my experience that insurance won't cover mods at all.

triumphx

Reaction score
They will not cover mods, most of the time they will let you have them back although pulling the tranny may not happen. Unless you sweet talk them and still have your oem to throw into the truck

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
They already said they would tow the truck to my house for me to remove my stuff, but I have to put the stock stuff back on. I don't have the old trans. I am going to buy the truck back anyhow. I actually have aftermarket coverage, so a lot of it should be covered, if they can find their "comparables" to determine market value.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
That's the problems with mods. What to use as comparable? I would show them NEW pricing for all the mods, then they can determine depreciation/replacement value.

Murderface

Reaction score
Every one of my mods is covered by Liberty Mutual, I had to hand them receipts and take it to a place for them to look at my truck. This all happened after my accident and I'm sure the reason they didn't total my truck. Paid $16,9 for it in 2008 and it now has 81K on the odometer, the accident was almost 13K in repairs

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
They just told me they started the estimate, and quit when they hit 18000 because it was totaled. They didn't even account aftermarket yet. They said they can't find comparables. They either have way too many miles or are in bad shape. He said he thinks they're gonna have to use Kelly blue book for the value. Weird. Anyhow, I'm stripping the truck, and he said I should be able to take a hit on the settlement, and keep the transmission, because the salvage value of the truck is like 6 grand, and I'm not pAying that for a wrecked truck.

rich017

Reaction score
Was there anything you could get off of there and sell on the side? It's been my experience that insurance won't cover mods at all.

The mods on my lightning are covered because I pay an extra $7/ month for it. If your mods are not covered, they will not consider them into the value of the vehicle.

As far as comparable, go online and do research on your own and email your adjustor links. Them offering KBB value is good to hear also since you will never get that much when selling it.

hpeter

Reaction score
I agree. I tread through the thread now and I'm curious what the end of the story is

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
I got about 2k more than I originally paid for it. They let me keep all the aftermarket parts and return the vehicle to stock. I did not have to put a trans or exhaust system back on though. It turned out well for me.

Top Bottom