Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FAQ: How Many X-Runners per Year?

Michigan X-Runner

Reaction score
Hello All,

I got thinking today, and does anyone know how many X-runner did the make in 05,06,07?

Is it only 3500 like they claim?

Is their any way to know what "number" yours is for the year?

Like 3rd built. 1201 or 3500th truck built?

Just some fun stuff. I know other limited make vehicles (mostly American made - you can find this information out)

Thats all for now...

This is not off topic, but I don't see a "General Discussion" in the "General Discussion" area!

Thanks guys!

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Toyota hasnt ever released info on any limited production cars that I know if. Heck they usually wont confirm the exact amount per year... I know the Corolla XRS is another limited production car (2yrs and appox only 6,xxx made) but Toyota would never say exactly how many.

But maybe theres a way to find out, I just dont know it, which is possible.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
I would certainly think there would be alot more people on this forum if 3,500 were made per year.

Michigan X-Runner

Reaction score
meh who knows.... not ever person who buys one is a car/truck freak... and looks at all the X-runner pictures before their own shows up at the dealer....

morcheez

Reaction score
i could really care less...i never see them at all really so there cant be too many ...but originally it was thought to be 3500 ...dealers cant even tell u

Stevenredx

Reaction score
As stated... they say 3500, but no one really knows :thumpdown:

Matt's06

Reaction score
I wonder if it is something we can figure out on our own by comparing the last 6 sequential digits of our vins along with ther year. Mine is an 2006, last 6 digits are 169823

PLCX

Reaction score
i would like to no the # on my truck

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I dont know the exact amount made per year; but here at our dealership, we only get between 3-6 XR's a year.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
they sold 5 the month I bought mine:dontknow:

Justin

yea, thats how its been here for the past 4-5 weeks....we havent seen any XR's in months, then all the sudden they drop 4 off to us all at once...then like alwyas, we wont see another one until December or even later. And Charles Barker Toyota is also in a different district then us, so there allocation is different then ours...

We normally get a few dropped off when the new model year comes out, then after that, we might get a couple strays here and there throughout the year.

Shanes56

Reaction score
From my understanding is that there would be a total of 3500 made not 3500 a year, from what my limited research and what the dealership told me is there are only around 500 to 600 made a year less than 1% of toyotas total production of tacomas. can anyone confirm or deny this?

BlackCat

Reaction score
Well, there is a way (kind of) through your VIN. When I insured my XR, State Farm knew right away from the VIN what the model designation is (i.e. X-Runner). But I don't know that the XR's have any special VIN designator (i.e. special sequence of #'s and characters) or if the insurer's simply maintain a database (supplied by none other than Mr Toyota himself) that has all of the Tacos (and everything else) built that year in it and they can cross reference a model designation from any one vehicle's VIN. Obviously, in neither case can any ordinary joe be able to confirm how many XR's are built in any given year without that database.

Anyone here cozy with their insurance company's IT person ?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Well, there is a way (kind of) through your VIN. When I insured my XR, State Farm knew right away from the VIN what the model designation is (i.e. X-Runner). But I don't know that the XR's have any special VIN designator (i.e. special sequence of #'s and characters) or if the insurer's simply maintain a database (supplied by none other than Mr Toyota himself) that has all of the Tacos (and everything else) built that year in it and they can cross reference a model designation from any one vehicle's VIN. Obviously, in neither case can any ordinary joe be able to confirm how many XR's are built in any given year without that database.

Anyone here cozy with their insurance company's IT person ?

XRunners vin #'s start with: 5TETU22N....
2WD Tacomas start with: 5TENX22N... or 5TETX22N...(base model)
Prerunners start with: 5TETU62N...(acces cab) or 5TEJU62N...(double cab)
Prerunner Longbeds start with: 5TEKU72N...
4WD Tacomas start with: 5TEUU42N...(access cab) or 5TELU42N...(double cab) or
4WD Longbed Tacomas they start with: 5TEMU52N...

Thats how insurance companies know what model Tacoma you have...incase you try to lie or something...

The last 6 digits of the vin# are the PSN (Plant Sequential Number). Ex: JT2DB02T0T0049506...Which doesnt help figure out how many XR's there are, that just lets you know what # on the assembly line your truck was when it was being made. Keep in mind that it was on the assembly line with other models of Toyotas...so its almost impossible to figure out the exact amount.

~~~Hope you guys can read this picture ok...this is what the #'s and letters on Toyota Vin#'s mean. I didnt have a scanner, had to take a pic...
CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE...
SCION 002.jpg

Last edited:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
XRunners vin #'s start with: 5TETU22N....
2WD Tacomas start with: 5TENX22N... or 5TETX22N...(base model)
Prerunners start with: 5TETU62N...(acces cab) or 5TEJU62N...(double cab)
Prerunner Longbeds start with: 5TEKU72N...
4WD Tacomas start with: 5TEUU42N...(access cab) or 5TELU42N...(double cab) or
4WD Longbed Tacomas they start with: 5TEMU52N...

Thats how insurance companies know what model Tacoma you have...incase you try to lie or something...

The last 6 digits of the vin# are the PSN (Plant Sequential Number). Ex: JT2DB02T0T0049506...Which doesnt help figure out how many XR's there are, that just lets you know what # on the assembly line your truck was when it was being made. Keep in mind that it was on the assembly line with other models of Toyotas...so its almost impossible to figure out the exact amount.

~~~Hope you guys can read this picture ok...this is what the #'s and letters on Toyota Vin#'s mean. I didnt have a scanner, had to take a pic...
CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE...
View attachment 1053

using that decoder, it doesnt work like it should. tacoma is letter n, and that vin doesnt hae a n in it.is that for another vehicle, just for an use as an example?

so im guessing that on my door jamb sticker, the setcion that says " truck number : 834" is referring to out of the whole tacoma line, or just xrunner? I wish it were as easy as with one of my old cars. Just call up SVT and give them your vin, and they send you a certicate of authenticity and build number. hmmmmm

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
From what I've been told threw sales and also when I was looking for mine to buy they said that they made 3500 in 05, 1500 in 06 and 1500 in 07

NJTacoma

Reaction score
Where I got mine the owner said he hardly ever sees them come in. He's only sold 3, including mine.

They dealer I bought mine from only sold one 07 XR since I bought my 06 last September. :dontknow:

morcheez

Reaction score
well i emailed toyota and this is what they had to say ...of course we get nowhere with toyota :eviltongue:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

It was a pleasure to read how much you love your 2005 Tacoma! We appreciate the opportunity to answer your inquiry on the number of XRunners that are manufactured.

The XRunner is low selling model which why there are not a lot manufactured each year. Since the XRunner is not a collectors vehicle a do not track how many are made and sold each year.

If you have any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We have documented your email at our National Headquarters under file #200710100845.

skilledbum23

Reaction score
only one has ever been sold at the dealership i got mine(that was me) and they had to special order it and everything, they never heard of the x runner before.....

Top Bottom