Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FAQ: How Many X-Runners per Year?

nine9six

Reaction score
i kinna like the fact that you dont see too many. makes me feel like i drive an exotic.once meet a guy who seemed like he took a course one the x runner.... this guy knew every thing.

WTH are you doing on the computer at 5AM? lol

FWIW, I've only seen 3 in Gainesville, including mine. And one was on the interstate with out of state plates on it.

I love my truck. Nobody knows what it is, and I always get the, "Toyota makes that? That's a sharp looking truck!"

My neighbor thought I was selling drugs! Not in a mean way, he was joking around with me. I told him I would be the worst dealer because nobody is coming/going and I never leave! :laugh:

Mclovin

"Chicka Chicka Yea"
Reaction score
well i see very few around my part of town... lol but the dealer i bought mine from had sold a few. like 5 or so... but i love my X!!!! and well i would also like to see if we can get a production number ya know...:rockon:

kelson

Reaction score
i think there are like 500 in hawaii that's for sure lol

thebenmack

Reaction score
WTH are you doing on the computer at 5AM? lol

FWIW, I've only seen 3 in Gainesville, including mine. And one was on the interstate with out of state plates on it.

I love my truck. Nobody knows what it is, and I always get the, "Toyota makes that? That's a sharp looking truck!"

My neighbor thought I was selling drugs! Not in a mean way, he was joking around with me. I told him I would be the worst dealer because nobody is coming/going and I never leave! :laugh:

i dont know why i stay up till 5 man.my brother made a smiler comment.. that is until he drove it, now he calls it my death trap.

i do alot a driving around and ive only seen 2 or 3 in between dothan and panama city.havent been able to fun any of them down, thats why im so hard up for a meet.

X-Band

Reaction score
My dealer here had never heard of one! I happened by a chevy dealership looking for a GTO and saw the one I own and traded it straight for my 2006 Wrangelr Rubicon. I miss my Jeep but I LOVE MY X!

Wickd X

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old but I believe the 3500 total production number for those years is correct I used to work at the Fremont Nummi plant before it shut down. Out of the 800+ trucks built per day only one x-runner was built per shift which was 2 per day, about 60 in a month and about 720 a year. Even now 6 years later most dealerships don't even have one X-runner on hand to show(my local modesto dealership sure does not) you have to order them if you want it. Limited as they are there still not as limited as my Corolla XRS (1st gen) only built between 05-06.

sbx595

Reaction score
my trucks an 06 and is number 7000 somethin, so at least 7k made the first 2 years...

Wickd X

Reaction score
From my understanding is that there would be a total of 3500 made not 3500 a year, from what my limited research and what the dealership told me is there are only around 500 to 600 made a year less than 1% of toyotas total production of tacomas. can anyone confirm or deny this?

^^^What he said those #'s add up from what I said in my previous post. Not to mention that before NUMMI shutdown it was the ONLY plant producing the X- Runner baja Mexico also made Tacoma's but they ONLY made the 4 door long beds as they are not an automated plant. So everyone that has bought a X-Runner or a Tacoma before the plant shutdown I had a hand in building.:rock: Now all tacoma's are built in the San Antonio, Texas plant.

my trucks an 06 and is number 7000 somethin, so at least 7k made the first 2 years...

Actually it's the last 6 number's and all Tacoma's produced have them so if anything your truck is the 7000th Tacoma made not the 7000th X-Runner.

Last edited:

sbx595

Reaction score
Ok I don't know, they have a thread somewhere where everyone listed their truck number because they said thats what number X runner it was for that year, and people were hoping to be the lowest number. It says it on the sticker in the door jam, the way the tread stated it, that was one of the little secret nuances about the X, they were numbered during production since they were limited run. There were people that had trucks in the low 100's. Check out your door jam and make sure were talking about the same number. I don't know

Top Bottom