Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FAQ: How Much Oil?

Murderface

Reaction score
hmmm... learn something new everyday. Makes sense though. we don't usually get xrunners coming in so I didn't know they had shallow oilpans compared to the 4x4 trucks. Good info to know when I do the first oil change on my X.

Good thing u havent had any X-Runners come in or u guys would be over filling them all.

On a side notee I love going to Toyota parts or service and they have to ask me what size engine or what trans the X-Runner has.........Dumbasses they should know this!

4g63lover

Reaction score
Good thing u havent had any X-Runners come in or u guys would be over filling them all.

On a side notee I love going to Toyota parts or service and they have to ask me what size engine or what trans the X-Runner has.........Dumbasses they should know this!

Im sure, we'd over fill them and then realize "oh shit, why is there too much oil in here?" then raise the truck back up and re-do the oil change. The thing is, when were sent to Toyota school were taught how complex the hybrid sytems are, were taught how toyota struts are normal to seep, and how toyota water pumps leak, how the pink coolant used solidify when it leaks out of the pump, etc. But they dont teach us or even let us know that the Tacoma X-runners have shorter oil pans, or how the 1MZ is non-interference and the 3MZ is, etc.

We've had two other X-runners come in that needed more than an oil change so I have never changed oil in one.

scoutdeed69

Reaction score

Hey John thats some funny sh**...i get that same question ask of mine everytime i go in to get parts! just ask for the VIN and you got your answer...plus i did not know they actualy had a for the firts time i went in to get parts! I thought to my self why would someone get one with a 4 instead of a 6 cyl. But gas prices are high now, so why not! But me i want a 6 more power for sure!

Rob

Top Bottom