Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fender flair spacing!

Gabecules

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wondering if some of you could send pictures of your trucks fender flairs. I recently noticed that just above the wheels where the fender flairs are ( I don't know if thats their proper name) the weather striping is not water tight. It is actually very loose. Is this the same with all of our trucks?

Tunedx

Reaction score
I would take it back to the dealer. There should be zero gap between the weather stripping and the body

rich017

Reaction score
They are not supposed to be water tight but they are also not supposed to be pulling off. Mine are a little but that will happen over time because the kit pieces are not exactly held on by the best hardware.

Take off those flares and you will see how much dirt gets in there:thumpdown:

LOW AND BLOWN

Reaction score
Same here, I just loosened all those 10mm bolts and pust on the flare a little as I resecured all them. That seem to fix mine, I guess the cold weather affects it a little to.:top:

05 X

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wondering if some of you could send pictures of your trucks fender flairs. I recently noticed that just above the wheels where the fender flairs are ( I don't know if thats their proper name) the weather striping is not water tight. It is actually very loose. Is this the same with all of our trucks?

I noticed my driver side front was not flush the first week I had mine; I loosened the bolts and snugged it up myself.

Gabecules

Reaction score
The weather stripping that is used on the truck is able to be just pushed and it will seal? Or are you saying that the bolts being too tight causes the flairs to space out?

Murderface

Reaction score
That thin weatherstripping has a double sided tape edge to hold onto the flares

PiNkY

Reaction score
Is that all it is? Shit mine has been spacin for a while just didn't have the time to pull them off. If that's all it is to fix it - I'll knock that out this wknd.

Top Bottom