Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Few new pics, need opinion w/eyelids

Which one in your opinion?

• as is

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • same lights, but with "angry" eyelids

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • original BHLM with simple eyelids

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • original BHLM with "angry" eyelids

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

smood74

Reaction score
yup sorry guys aint a XR, but still a tacoma :top:

got a few more pics in. wish i waxed my truck for more shine. oh well lol. :thumbsup:

I have the "angry" eyelids. should I put them on? OR go back to the original BHLM and the angry eyelids/eyelids now?

5360_584218429616_19508146_34241091.jpg

5360_584218449576_19508146_34241095.jpg

5360_584218479516_19508146_34241099.jpg

5360_584218484506_19508146_34241100.jpg

5360_584218489496_19508146_34241101.jpg

5360_584218499476_19508146_34241103.jpg

...what do you guys think about the RGM for her?

08XRunner808

Reaction score
no offense but i really dont like how the ebay headlights look...i like the clean look of the bhlm on stock headlights...other than that your truck is cherry

preXrunner

Reaction score
this is a tough decision...
Mine
trex.jpg

After the Recessed Grille Mod
DSCF0999.jpg

Viet's ebay projector's with Angry Eyelids
25234490209_large.jpg

25234490212_large.jpg

I personally would like to do a Retro... but don't have the money at the moment with school starting and all...

If you like the projectors now, stick with them and go "Angry"... I prefer this style. But if not, the stock headlights with a BHLM + eyelids always looks sick too! :top:

Last edited:

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
i think those look very sexy on that truck. looks good. :rock:

Gabecules

Reaction score
I think the ebay projectors look awesome on that truck with or without the eyelids. Also where did you get the TRD tag for your grill?

preXrunner

Reaction score
I think the ebay projectors look awesome on that truck with or without the eyelids. Also where did you get the TRD tag for your grill?
They're all over ebay... search "TRD emblem"

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
that truck is sweet bro. i would get angry eyelids with them . thats my opinion

smood74

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, the only reason I'm considering the "angry" eyelids is because of the 3 LEDs and the light bar. Given its been disconnected and already painted over, the contours are still visible revealing that they really are "ebay" lights. I hate it. I like the style of dual halos, but the fact that it isn't simple kills it. - Maybe future LS projectors customer?

"Good from far, far from good."

Keep the opinions coming on what to do guys. Really appreciate it!

music_man185

Reaction score
truck looks sweet! my vote goes to projector headlights with angry eyelids. in fact, i'm thinking about going that route myself. although i would like to swap out the projectors like viet did. what did you do to black your projectors out?

how bad are the rock chips with the aggressive tires sticking out? i'm going to put a 6 inch lift on mine when i have the money, but i'm afraid of losing my mud flaps. the mud tires i have on now have annihilated my mud flaps and saved my doors from A LOT of rock chips.

Last edited:

smood74

Reaction score
truck looks sweet! my vote goes to projector headlights with angry eyelids. in fact, i'm thinking about going that route myself. although i would like to swap out the projectors like viet did. what did you do to black your projectors out?

how bad are the rock chips with the aggressive tires sticking out? i'm going to put a 6 inch lift on mine when i have the money, but i'm afraid of losing my mud flaps. the mud tires i have on now have annihilated my mud flaps and saved my doors from A LOT of rock chips.

to black them out same as the regular BHLM. as for the rock chips...i took my mud flaps off ages ago. BUT, im feeling the pain now. the side steps saved me quite a bit and the lower part of the sides have a thicker coat of clear so its fine. The rear bumper is another story. It has all kinds of stuff gunked up on it and needs to be clay barred real soon.

and of course, be prepared to clean it more often since youre kicking up EVERYTHING with wider aggressive mud tires.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i like the eyelids on the OEM headlights instead of the ebays...but that's just me...

to each their own bro...:top:

BTW...where did you get the geisha on your tailgate painted? or is it a sticker? its pretty sexy...

music_man185

Reaction score
to black them out same as the regular BHLM.

they look awesome. not as "blingy" as the other ones. definitely the look i want for mine. did you get the black ones and leave them, or did you paint the housing too? it looks like you also took out the orange reflector and took off the chrome shrouds off the signal and led lights. am i missing anything? did you do something to the halos or the led eyelid on top? (sorry to thread jack and bombard with questions).

smood74

Reaction score
they look awesome. not as "blingy" as the other ones. definitely the look i want for mine. did you get the black ones and leave them, or did you paint the housing too? it looks like you also took out the orange reflector and took off the chrome shrouds off the signal and led lights. am i missing anything? did you do something to the halos or the led eyelid on top? (sorry to thread jack and bombard with questions).

the ?'s are cool. thats what the XR community is for!

i got the black set, baked it, painted everything except behind the halo's which remained reflective. Pulled all the leds on the side and top light bar, painted those black too. i left the reflector and painted it black. if i took it out, it would look incomplete with a huge hole on the side.

SooRunner

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind...My angry eyelid flew off coming back from a trip. Maybe I was doing 90mph and it couldn't take it?

After I saw one missing..it made me "ANGRY" instead.:laugh:

Now my truck is winking with one eye brow.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I like them either way on your truck. I'm just not a fam of projects in my opinion.

Top Bottom