Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Few Questions???

xptical

Reaction score
Hi all,

1. I saw the paint code thread. What do I need to do to get some SWB touch-up paint? Also, what's the ebst way to touch-up some minor dings and scratches? I have a few chips on the body kit and some minor scratches in the metal body panels.

2. My State does not require a FLP. However, I grabbed a plate from my car in Japan before I left. I think mounting the Japanese plate on the front *might* look, well, different.

3. I just got a 2005 SWB XR. I'm looking to remove the dealership sticker from the tailgate. Any ideas on doing this? Or is it just a bad idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Hi all,

1. I saw the paint code thread. What do I need to do to get some SWB touch-up paint? Also, what's the ebst way to touch-up some minor dings and scratches? I have a few chips on the body kit and some minor scratches in the metal body panels.

Being that it's SWB, I highly doubt a parts store (Advance Auto, etc..) would carry that color in stock, but they may be able to order it for you.

Regardless, your local dealership will carry the small touchup bottles that has a brush and a pen top (for small and large scratches). The little bottle usually runs about 10 bucks.

And you could do it yourself, just keep a steady hand and you'll be good.
3. I just got a 2005 SWB XR. I'm looking to remove the dealership sticker from the tailgate. Any ideas on doing this? Or is it just a bad idea?
Easiest way is to use a heat guy or hair dryer (and don't burn the paint).

Use the heat to loosen up the sticker, then use your fingernails to take it off, then wipe it down with some sort of adhesive remover to get the remaining glue off, then throw some wax on it. Done!

This may help: http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=24916

Last edited:

xptical

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

kcidmil

Reaction score
I've had good luck actually "freezing" the sticker then peeling it off. I had to help a friend with a HUGE flaming horse emblem on the sides of his mustang, came in real handy and left barely any residue.

Grab a frozen ice pack, let it sit for a bit, then peel off. I find sometimes that rolling the sticker with your thumb will leave little residue after freezing. I've only had it work successfully on older vehicles though.

Top Bottom