Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

finally DJM drop

2010BSPxrunner808

Reaction score
i finally got my djm 3/4 on friday(april 30 2010) and got the ball joint press in so i started insatlling them the same day but didn't finish it cause i started late. i also bought a 3 inch drop blocks so that means i didn't use the 4 inch blocks and didn't notch my frame. i replaced the stock bumpstops with the djm low pro bumpstops. done installing them yesterday. when i was done installing them i went to a shop for alignment. it made it up but while they was reversing to give the truck back to me, the drivers side skirt hit the ramp so the clips broke:thumpdown: they said they will buy me a new one so i have to go back.

heres some pics:

DSC07768-1.jpg

my new set of ball joint
DSC07780.jpg

ball joints pressed in
DSC08236.jpg

stock
DSC08241.jpg

djm
DSC08245.jpg

the 3 inch blocks i bought
DSC08272.jpg

sorry i dont have a good pic of the finish product yet

Last edited:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
nice work. install is so much easier when you get the new balljoints.

Gonzo464

Reaction score
Nice, had mine since January '10, love it so far.... especially whenever I scrape :p

Shop I went to had to extend their ramps so my X could clear. Just need to get you some QA`1s for the rear now.

DJM DIRECT

Reaction score
3 inch alum blocks :( ive had 9 sets crack on me on the x runners since 05 which customers used them and i replaced with the djm 3 or 4 inch steel block

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
So what are you selling the notch and blocks? Why would you purchase the whole kit and use half of it? Put it on!

2010BSPxrunner808

Reaction score
nice work. install is so much easier when you get the new balljoints.

hell yah it is

So what are you selling the notch and blocks? Why would you purchase the whole kit and use half of it? Put it on!

im planning on selling them. i bought the whole kit cause this was the only choice from suspensionmax and i don't want to put the notch because of what i heard, being salvage title.

Last edited:

HIbspXR48

Reaction score
nice pics. was thinking of going djm, but didn't wanna do the notch.

2010BSPxrunner808

Reaction score
how long did it take you to finish?

about 12 hours total with using only hand tools. no impact gun so it took long.

nice pics. was thinking of going djm, but didn't wanna do the notch.

sup ried (sorry if i spelled it wrong). i didn't notch my frame, i just put some low pro bumpstops. i thought the mini photoshoot was canceled so i stay home :thumpdown:

Last edited:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
3 inch alum blocks :( ive had 9 sets crack on me on the x runners since 05 which customers used them and i replaced with the djm 3 or 4 inch steel block

I was going to say the same thing. Nothing but steel blocks should ever be used. Those hollow aluminum blocks crack all the time.

joman

Reaction score
can someone in..whats the purpose of getting new ball joints?

Sykotic336

Reaction score
congrats on the lower to the ground club.... makes me miss my djm haha post up some pictures of the finished product maybe a before and after :rockon:

the djm requires you to use your stock ball joints from the upper and lower arms.. he just bought new ones so he can still drive his truck and use the new ball joints to be put into the djm and then just install everything with ease and if he wanted to part it out he wouldnt have the hassle of popping out the ball joints of his djm back into the stocks. so basically he could go back to stock or dropped anytime he wants... well with the proper alignment afterwards

Last edited:

2010BSPxrunner808

Reaction score
congrats on the lower to the ground club.... makes me miss my djm haha post up some pictures of the finished product maybe a before and after :rockon:

thanks man. ya i'll post up some pics later after i take a good one dont have time to take it....:laugh: you got my idea a before and after pics.

i wanted to get new ball joints because its easier,less work...you dont have to bring your stock control arms to the shop instead you just bring your djm control arms and the new ball joints and what sykotic336 said

Last edited:

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing. Nothing but steel blocks should ever be used. Those hollow aluminum blocks crack all the time.

x3 on getting some steel blocks man. if you drive your truck aggressively you're going to crack those aluminum ones real fast.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
nice work. I order mine on the 15th! Can't wait! I will be doing the C-notch and 4" rear drop though.... QA1s will come shortly after that. If I can ever sell these damn 22s! :)

SooRunner

Reaction score
Nice...please post up pics when you get them installed...I'm debating if I should djm my front now.

So when are they gotta release the QA1's for the front? GRR!

kelson

Reaction score
x3 on getting some steel blocks man. if you drive your truck aggressively you're going to crack those aluminum ones real fast.

x4 i had some on my truck for around 2 months...the corners were already worn out.

plus theyre not angled so the driveshaft is gonna be out of whack...

2010BSPxrunner808

Reaction score
yesterday i had time to take pics of the finished product. let me know what you guys think

here some pics:

BEFORE:
truckcruisemarch28201010.jpg

April30201015.jpg

DSC07795.jpg

AFTER:
DSC08300.jpg

DSC08296.jpg

DSC08285.jpg

DSC08284.jpg

DSC08286.jpg

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
nice. Love the stance of the DJM, but don't think I could have mine that low.
:top:

Top Bottom