Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

finally DJM drop

SpeedX

Reaction score
i finally got my djm 3/4 on friday(april 30 2010) and got the ball joint press in so i started insatlling them the same day but didn't finish it cause i started late. i also bought a 3 inch drop blocks so that means i didn't use the 4 inch blocks and didn't notch my frame. i replaced the stock bumpstops with the djm low pro bumpstops. done installing them yesterday. when i was done installing them i went to a shop for alignment. it made it up but while they was reversing to give the truck back to me, the drivers side skirt hit the ramp so the clips broke:thumpdown: they said they will buy me a new one so i have to go back.

heres some pics:

DSC07768-1.jpg

my new set of ball joint
DSC07780.jpg

ball joints pressed in
DSC08236.jpg

stock
DSC08241.jpg

djm
DSC08245.jpg

the 3 inch blocks i bought
DSC08272.jpg

sorry i dont have a good pic of the finish product yet

Hey man, I looked over for your thread for the longest. I've been trying to get the lower and upper balljoints from my dealer, but they only seem to have the whole A-arm assemblies. Can you please tell me where you got them from, if I could have a part number, than it would be better.

pinktaco

Reaction score
that hella cheap damm ill order. one question how do you know what the top and bottom and which is left and right

Gonzo464

Reaction score
I think its the one with the rounded bushing the bottom one, i matched them up with the stock control arms.

MaGicBaLooT8o8

Reaction score
One other question. If I deceide to switch from SS to Djm, can I leave the coils alone and it'll be the same, or would the djm drop with the coils be lower than a 3 inch drop? Or do I have to replace the coils with stocks?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
The drop + the SS coils would be lower. And I believe it causes rubbing and alignment issues. You would want to go back to the stock length coils. Or you could find a lift spacer so that you get the increased spring rate of the SS without the additional drop.

MaGicBaLooT8o8

Reaction score
One last question. Would I have to get my fenders rolled for the front? I plan on putting 19's

mr2mkii

Reaction score
so at the end it is not a 3/4 kit but a 3/3 if you decided to use the 3 inches blocks for the rear isn't it?

just to make sure because I really like the look of your truck and I think it would look great on mine with my future 20's

is this the exact kit you bought? (in 3/3 version instead of 3/4) and with steel blocks instead of aluminium

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e4c0c95a

mr2mkii

Reaction score

thanks for the link but what about someone who doesn't want to notch the frame (same as this guy)

I doesn't want to notch my rear frame just want to go lower for the look and the handling.

Honestly the exact same kit as this guy have (but with steel blocks instead of aluminim) would be perfect. Truck looks good

Edit: just realised I copied/pasted the wrong link... was for 04-... this is the on I was talking about (but would like the 3 inches drop at the rear to avoid having to cut anywhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-1...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
thanks for the link but what about someone who doesn't want to notch the frame (same as this guy)

I doesn't want to notch my rear frame just want to go lower for the look and the handling.

Honestly the exact same kit as this guy have (but with steel blocks instead of aluminim) would be perfect. Truck looks good

Edit: just realised I copied/pasted the wrong link... was for 04-... this is the on I was talking about (but would like the 3 inches drop at the rear to avoid having to cut anywhere.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-1...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

if you don't wanna notch the back you can always just buy the front and buy the size appropriate steel blocks for the back separate.

Top Bottom