Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finally got around to the install....

Blue10XR

Reaction score
First I would like to thank Torspd for his help and support with my questions:adore:He is a good dude!

Currently running low boost 5PSI. Running pretty well. I also need to get Sensor 2 Bank 2 connected to rid of the CEL.

Here are some pics...
IMG_20160301_180347853.jpg

Intercooler

IMG_20160305_104134844.jpg

Exhaust going in....

IMG_20160305_104126501.jpg

Engine bay...

IMG_20160305_201001539.jpg

IMG_20160305_200909095.jpg

This is NOT the finished product. I have a vacuum block to install to clean up that mess. Also waiting on the boost controller to arrive. Also need to install a tube and new filter to a "cooler" location..

Feel free to comment away....:burnout2:

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Need some video clips of this bad boy running.

shane881510

Reaction score
Looks real awesome. I want a turbo system. I like my urd sc but a turbo would be great.

Blue10XR

Reaction score
I'll try to get a video as soon as I get it tuned and O2 sensor issues worked out.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
:top: :top:

Got to get a start up video, with walk around. Show off the sound that turbo exhaust.

Blue10XR

Reaction score
Awesome! What will u be using for tuning?

I am using the only piggyback available for the 2010, Unichip. Not exactly my preference.
I prefer a Haltech but no one has the connectors other than Unichip and now maybe Gadget.
I offered to purchase a jumper harnes from Gadget but to be honest he didn't seem interested. He said he would sell a harness for someone purchasing an ECU. Go figure. I do have someone willing to make the harness but to be honest the Unichip is doing OK. I'll dyno it in soon and if I can't get it where I want it then I'll take the plunge on a custom harness and Haltech.

Gadget I am still interested in a jumper harness and I am sure others with a 09+ would be too!

Redlantern

Reaction score
Ah. Bummers. Curious to see how well unichip does Is that one of the Powerfab hot tube setups? If so, where did u mount your passenger rear o2 sensor?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Still doing shake-down driving,for if it running 100% ?

Blue10XR

Reaction score
Ah. Bummers. Curious to see how well unichip does Is that one of the Powerfab hot tube setups? If so, where did u mount your passenger rear o2 sensor?
Yes it was the kit off Cliffords truck made by Powerfab. Unichip is doing fine so far but as I mentioned I need to tune on a dyno. Fuel trims sitting nicely at + or - 8%

Blue10XR

Reaction score
Still doing shake-down driving,for if it running 100% ?
Tor, currently still testing it under baby-steps protocol. SO far so good Had A/C charged yesterday so I guess I didn't create a leak there. Need to crawl under her and swap connector to the other side of trans for O2 as you suggested...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it was the kit off Cliffords truck made by Powerfab. Unichip is doing fine so far but as I mentioned I need to tune on a dyno. Fuel trims sitting nicely at + or - 8%

Tor, currently still testing it under baby-steps protocol. SO far so good Had A/C charged yesterday so I guess I didn't create a leak there. Need to crawl under her and swap connector to the other side of trans for O2 as you suggested...

Fuel trims are doing well enough. :top:

To bad you don't have that striker engine as well. ;)

Blue10XR

Reaction score
Fuel trims are doing well enough. :top:

To bad you don't have that striker engine as well. ;)

I wish I had a built motor! I would really be having fun with it. I need to schedule some dyno time, soon.

iniazy

Reaction score
Great job! Good luck with tuning. I am also very interested in seeing how the Unichip does.

Are you going to use the chip to control the waste gate? Can Unichip calibrate a current-based AFR sensor? Do you have larger injectors or stock ones? If larger, tuning can by 200% more difficult using a piggyback. Are you using MAP or MAF for engine load?

Too many questions :p

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you made it by Treadstone Performance to pick up that vacuum block yet?

I forgot to mention. Mine is from Vibrant performance. I also have the Treadstone brand. Not sure if the quality of the Treadstone one has since gone up, since I purchased mine years ago, but the Vibrant brand is a nicer quality.

Blue10XR

Reaction score
Great job! Good luck with tuning. I am also very interested in seeing how the Unichip does.

Are you going to use the chip to control the waste gate? Can Unichip calibrate a current-based AFR sensor? Do you have larger injectors or stock ones? If larger, tuning can by 200% more difficult using a piggyback. Are you using MAP or MAF for engine load?

Too many questions :p

Thanks. I plan to use a manual boost controller but the Unichip is capable of controlling boost.
I don't think it calibrates the sensor but I could be wrong.
I have URD (Deka) 800cc injectors.
Using stock MAF currently.

Ask all you want, I am happy to answer what I can...

Top Bottom