Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finally got them on.

True

Reaction score
So this weekend I got together with a friend to finally put these DTLT headers on the x( I'm pretty new to modding so had to wait for help haha) and wow. Low rpms didn't notice really any loss in power from the butt dyno and has a nice almost subaru sti rumble, then after 2k rpm turns into a monster. I've been finding any excuse to drive for the last 3 days( had to convince my G/F she NEEDED me to pick her up from work even though she drove her car that day) haha.

Just wanted to make sure to thank gadget for the awesome group buy and excellent customer service, the write up for the install which helped a ton, and this site which I stalk but rarely post. You guys have been a huge help and I'm loving my truck more than ever. Hopefully will meet more of you at X fest east coming up.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Glad you like them headers. I love mine and i get compliments all the time on the sound of them.

redarkx

Reaction score
Always like to hear good reviews of the headers. I Need a set soon

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
By far one of the best bang for the buck mods. Glad you got them installed, modding with a bud always makes it fun too!

True

Reaction score
Yeah worth every penny, really enjoyed the experience as well. Hit a few big snags like one of the exhaust manifold bolts was tightened on too much so it stripped which we had to go buy a new one(which the toyota dealership didn't carry, you know since tacomas are so rare?), then cut the bolt off. Had some good laughs along the way and forgot about all the problems we had the second I started it up =P

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
man you're getting me excited! my headers are supposed to arrive on wednesday! i'm not waiting a day to install them though

TacomaGus

Reaction score
wish i had a buddy that was into modding so then i could get these on myself. Of course i'm still looking for a good deal on a set of long tubes (trying to get to 30 posts haha). Getting tired of waiting tho, gadget will prob be getting a call by next week...

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Yeah worth every penny, really enjoyed the experience as well. Hit a few big snags like one of the exhaust manifold bolts was tightened on too much so it stripped which we had to go buy a new one(which the toyota dealership didn't carry, you know since tacomas are so rare?), then cut the bolt off. Had some good laughs along the way and forgot about all the problems we had the second I started it up =P

Sounds like u could have used a set of the exhaust manifold studs by ARP through Dezod motorsports.

Miami_X

Reaction score
Nice job on the DTLT install. Do you have a Borla cat-back or just a Borla muffler on your stock exhaust?

True

Reaction score
Yeah those studs were a pain, and I have just a Borla muffler since I'm probably staying N/A.

Top Bottom