Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

finally lowered my double cab! =)

Murderface

Reaction score
I also like the black roof on your truck, very clean looking:top:

David it's the 3M C/F wrap, and it does look good too. I wouldn't mind doing it to my X even though it's a BSP.

OP I know u said ur painting the C/F hood silver but any thoughts on leaving any of the C/F exposed? I'm not sure where or how u would do it but I always liked it more then the plain C/F hood. U could always get a silver candy paint over the C/F and make it look less C/F but still retain some of it. Here's an example in blue candy over C/F:

2f07ed55.jpg

I had this done on my scion Xb with an orange candy because the body paint was Hot Lava(metallic Orange)

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting idea there. Hmmmm

trd_sport

Reaction score
the eyelids i have on the truck are the cf ones. I had grumpy paint them for me to match the indigo ink color. look closely next time but you can see the carbon fiber through the paint. will give you an idea on how to do it.

Murderface

Reaction score
IMO if ur gonna get a C/F hood and paint it so u can't see the C/F weave thru the paint, just get a fiberglass hood instead. I'm all about subtle changes but having a straight C/F hood or any other C/F part on ur ride is just too much for me, it looks nice when it's candied over. I've seen a Honda Civic Si that had a C/F hood, deck lid and spoiler and full ground effects. The body was red so they did some red candy over all the C/F instead of leaving it grey/black and it looked really good(the candied C/F and not the Honda:laugh:).

STONER-X

Reaction score
IMO if ur gonna get a C/F hood and paint it so u can't see the C/F weave thru the paint, just get a fiberglass hood instead. I'm all about subtle changes but having a straight C/F hood or any other C/F part on ur ride is just too much for me, it looks nice when it's candied over. I've seen a Honda Civic Si that had a C/F hood, deck lid and spoiler and full ground effects. The body was red so they did some red candy over all the C/F instead of leaving it grey/black and it looked really good(the candied C/F and not the Honda:laugh:).

don't lie... you totally were slobbering cause that honda had a big wing and a fart can.... :laugh: jk

ya trd_sports eyelids are pretty sweet looking... they look almost like they are blueish carbon fiber...

to me its all about the "hidden" details that really make any ride pop out.... one thing i like on my truck is how i did the bhlm and btlm.... instead of just doing black i threw in a mid metallic coat to make it match the bsp more...

Toons you ride is looking SWEET!!!!!! i dont know how long you have had your truck, but since the last meet when i met you some one has thrown a "mod grenade" at your truck and it seems like you are one of the few who have done so many mods in a short amount of time.. and guess what.... thay all bad ass!!!!:top:

if you run out of stuff to do on your truck i can bring you mine to do... lol keep it up

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
OR how about painting half of the hood? Something like this

2558d1113174101-vizage-lip-kit-vis-carbon-fiber-hood-pics-zeus_kit1.jpg

trd_sport

Reaction score
^that or you could leave just the cf hood scoop showing. either way IMO have some of some od the cf showing, or if you paint it like my eyelids i dont think it will look right with the roof in black cf. having some of the black cf visible on the hood will pull it together. otherwise it will seem like you have 2 different types of cf.

im actually going to be doing some work with different composites and the cf/kevlar weave has a nice silver look to it which would go well with your silver or the darker silver thats out there.

Toon714

Reaction score
David it's the 3M C/F wrap, and it does look good too. I wouldn't mind doing it to my X even though it's a BSP.

OP I know u said ur painting the C/F hood silver but any thoughts on leaving any of the C/F exposed? I'm not sure where or how u would do it but I always liked it more then the plain C/F hood. U could always get a silver candy paint over the C/F and make it look less C/F but still retain some of it. Here's an example in blue candy over C/F:

2f07ed55.jpg

I had this done on my scion Xb with an orange candy because the body paint was Hot Lava(metallic Orange)

wow. candy paint over carbon fiber looks sweet. wow thx christdenied for giving me more ideas for my hood.:top:

^that or you could leave just the cf hood scoop showing. either way IMO have some of some od the cf showing, or if you paint it like my eyelids i dont think it will look right with the roof in black cf. having some of the black cf visible on the hood will pull it together. otherwise it will seem like you have 2 different types of cf.

im actually going to be doing some work with different composites and the cf/kevlar weave has a nice silver look to it which would go well with your silver or the darker silver thats out there.

ur very right matt. man im planning to candy paint the hood silver and leave the hood scoop still cf.
i really like that candy paint over the cf. looks bad ass.

don't lie... you totally were slobbering cause that honda had a big wing and a fart can.... :laugh: jk

ya trd_sports eyelids are pretty sweet looking... they look almost like they are blueish carbon fiber...

to me its all about the "hidden" details that really make any ride pop out.... one thing i like on my truck is how i did the bhlm and btlm.... instead of just doing black i threw in a mid metallic coat to make it match the bsp more...

Toons you ride is looking SWEET!!!!!! i dont know how long you have had your truck, but since the last meet when i met you some one has thrown a "mod grenade" at your truck and it seems like you are one of the few who have done so many mods in a short amount of time.. and guess what.... thay all bad ass!!!!:top:

if you run out of stuff to do on your truck i can bring you mine to do... lol keep it up

thx bro! ya i done alot of mods to my truck since febuary at the houston meet. basically was stock. to all this now. like micpun said i got bite by a giant mod dinosaur. haha

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
No problem, it's an idea a lot of people either don't know about or forget it. I also like the pic that Nate posted with some of the C/F unpainted. Whatever it is u do I'll be looking for pics after it's all said and done.

Toon714

Reaction score
No problem, it's an idea a lot of people either don't know about or forget it. I also like the pic that Nate posted with some of the C/F unpainted. Whatever it is u do I'll be looking for pics after it's all said and done.

do u know how much it would cost to paint the cf hood candy paint silver?
hopefully not that much more. compare to the regular oem paint.

Murderface

Reaction score
do u know how much it would cost to paint the cf hood candy paint silver?
hopefully not that much more. compare to the regular oem paint.

No but I'm sure the paint will cost more, as far as the steps needed to paint a candy coat I have no clue but I'm sure u can ask the member Blackcat that's getting his X a 2-tone black and white. Shoot him a pm and see if he has a clue:top:

Last edited:

Toon714

Reaction score
What was done to get your custom drop? If you don't mind. Thx.

i just bought the tundra racing lowering kit for the prerunners. cost about 550. it dropped the front 2in and the rear 3.5in.

No but I'm sure the paint will cost more, as far as the steps needed to paint a candy coat I have no clue but I'm sure u can ask the member Blackcat that's getting his X a 2-tone black and white. Shoot him a pm and see if he has a clue:top:

cool thx bro.:top: ill shoot him a pm.

Last edited:

Makani

Reaction score
are the xrunner wheel wells bigger than the double cab?

Toon714

Reaction score
yes the x runner stock wheels are 18s.
the stock double cab trd sport has 17s.
i got on the trd fj wheels and there 16s.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, stock steel wheels are 16".

What was done to get your custom drop? If you don't mind. Thx.

Only difference between his drop and mine is that he has the full kit from Tundra Racing, while I only got the rear part from them. I also have adjustable coilovers, but I know you are aware of that.
L you need to drop your truck is have someone fab up a piece to fit that section that was cut out, that also have a mount for the front diff. Not to hard by any means.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, I just remembered that you still haven't made a 40-90 accel vid. WTH man?

Top Bottom