Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finally, no Wheel-Hop!!!

Miami_X

Reaction score
I'll probably end up with Cal-tracs next year, but I just bought these TTC bars cheap, replaced the bushings, and bolted them on yesterday.

image-863778937.jpg

Just washed the beast, pulled out of the driveway and dropped the clutch! Lots of smoke; NO HOP!!

image-3720251339.jpg

Woo-hoo! Now the Posi!!!!

easts1d3

Reaction score
Awesome! What leaf springs are you running? i cant tell from the picture

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
thats awesome!! gotta say this is something that i MUST do..how does it handle at burnout takeoff any side to side action?

Miami_X

Reaction score
Awesome! What leaf springs are you running? i cant tell from the picture

Stock leafs with a 2" drop via XII Performance blocks.

thats awesome!! gotta say this is something that i MUST do..how does it handle at burnout takeoff any side to side action?

NO, it was pretty straight. Just clicked the Trac Off and let 'er rip. It was so nice to hear spinning tires and not that dreaded 'Clink-clunk-clunk'.

Ew we looks like somebody is gettin ready for the track!

Yes indeed, Marc! We're almost there. Posi's next.

I've also notices something interesting on turns. It seems to trac better around the corners. Is that an added benefit?

Last edited:

gearhead899

Reaction score
sweet! let me know what posi you end up going with and how you like it. I hate my open diff with a huge passion lol

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
hmm i got an 06 so i get no wheel hop but my truck seems to have a mind of its own on some take offs maybe i'll get some better tires and then look into some bars, what brand are these?

easts1d3

Reaction score
hmm i got an 06 so i get no wheel hop but my truck seems to have a mind of its own on some take offs maybe i'll get some better tires and then look into some bars, what brand are these?

What do you mean you don't get any wheel hop? I have an 06 and you can see my rear end physically leave the ground

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
so you sold him yours?^^

and idk maybe it was the surface, or tire idk i hear people talk about terrible wheel hop and i did a couple of take offs and the first time i did a burnout i got little wheel hop and ever since i get none :dontknow: just once i was taking off on a stop sign and the paint on the ground made it slip a little and go side to side but no complaints here

knocking on wood*

Miami_X

Reaction score
I was at the track a few months back and could not launch at all without nasty axle-wrap/wheel-hop. Easy launches do NOT make for quick e.t.s. :thumbdown:

Workman3886

Reaction score
I had bad wheel hop before I got my new rims and tires, she doesn't hop hardly at all any more, 285 KDW tires got some grip!!!

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
so you sold him yours?^^

and idk maybe it was the surface, or tire idk i hear people talk about terrible wheel hop and i did a couple of take offs and the first time i did a burnout i got little wheel hop and ever since i get none :dontknow: just once i was taking off on a stop sign and the paint on the ground made it slip a little and go side to side but no complaints here

knocking on wood*

Ya i did,but ive only had wheep hop on hot summer nights,or when i really lit my tires up in the box

Workman3886

Reaction score
I can dump the clutch and she'll just bite... Not lowered or anything, but it's improved a hell of a lot! Even when I catch second I don't hop, use to feel like I was getting a massage.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Sorry but wheel hop comes from to compliant a suspension, take away the leaf spring wrapping up and wheel hop is majorly reduced.

Yes it does. That is why I could don't understand how better/wider tires would help wheel hop. Wheel hop is caused by the torsion forces on the leaf springs by the wheel and the tarmac. The more grip, the more force you are putting on the leaf spring.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Yeah his statement better tires more grip, would make wheel hop worse if nothing else was changed. Who knows, I can't figure out what half the people on this forum are talking about half the time anyway:laugh: Probably the bigger tire loads the motor and doesn't breakem loose now so that equates to better traction less wheel hop because not much tire spinning

Top Bottom