Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finally stop being Lazy; New Set UP

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
MORE PICS ADDED ON PAGE 3 AND 4!!!! (as of 06/24/08)

Ok I finally stop being lazy and started working on my new sound system set up. If you don't remember my old one:

Finishedsubenclosure1.jpg

Finishedsubenclosure3.jpg

I've actually had the some of the new pics for about 2 weeks just to lazy to put them up enjoy

NewSystemBase.jpg

NewSystemBox1.jpg

NewSystemBox2.jpg

NewSystemBaseandBox.jpg

NewSystemSideView.jpg

Mike (Vecte) even stop by to help me out the first day. Thanks Mike!!!!

Last edited:

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
and more:

NewSystemAmpRacks2.jpg

NewSoundSystemAmpRacks.jpg

NewSystemBase-Box-AmpRacks2.jpg

NewSystemBase-Box-AmpRacks1.jpg

Hopefully next week I'll have the speaker rings up and the box fiberglassed and almost ready to paint. If nothing more it'll be fiberglassed with at least one layer of bondo on it

Vince77

Reaction score
Looks good so far. Looks like it will be a nice set up. :top:

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
Hopefully, I think my box might be to big. I calculated everything as if the boxed would be rectangled and well my cubic foot came out to be like 1.66 which the min is 1.5 so I'm good so far but then once I fiberglass it's going to get a lttle bigger. Maybe close to if not more then 2.0. Which is going more to the vented range. So I'll just have to see. If all else fails I'll put one slotted port across the top.

joman

Reaction score
man O man O man...nice setup..can you make mines?!!?!?! good job...i bet that this is WAY LOUD!

Shanes56

Reaction score
very very nice, I will one day have a system I am slowly peicing it together

KETCHUP

Reaction score
looks good bro. keep us updated. that is a really good spot for the amps. the floor AC can coolem down if they get too hot.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
thanks for all the comments. I was trying to save space and not put them on the floor, but after doing to the box, I couldn't put the amp in the middle. It was going to be something like Lenie's box, but I'll lose alot of air space if I put them in the middle. So I just threw them on the floor

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Good spot for 'em. I like it. :top:

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
I'm going to have to play with them a little bit. B/c I wanted my seat to go back all the way and with the amp there it only goes back like 5/8 way back. Which is cool for me, but I wanted to make the passenger a little more comfortable and not have knees in the dash board. The final placement of the amps could actually be angled or something

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score

That guy looks really familiar.....I just can't put my finger on who he is though.

Heh, was pretty fun helping with the box, and interesting not having a jigsaw! Love to help ya work on it some more, just give me a call.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Looks really sweet, i like the set up, it is defentily unique

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
I can't wait to start fiberglassing it. I need to figure out how I want to do it.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
With the amps, just slant you a piece of board on the top of the base to the floorboard, and bolt the amps down to it. That will give your seats more play than how you have them on the floor now.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
its actually really easy. You can ask mike I can't even cut in a straight line with a table saw. I will say this to....the bigger your imagination is the harder it will be. Find an idea and stick with it. All it is is some wood and screws.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
He definitely can't cut a straight line, lol:laugh: However, neither can I!

We did learn though, the faster we are on the table saw, the straighter the line!

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
YES.....and no one was hurt in the process and we all came out with all our fingers

Top Bottom