Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finally supercharged!!

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Picked my truck up from the shop today. Very very excited! I love the way it feels, it sounds, I never knew it was so addicting! I just want to drive around all day, sleep in the truck and wake up and drive some more! lol It sounds so fantastic!
Well, there's a funny story that goes with it though. The guys at the dealership loved the truck. I think they had as hard of a time to give it back to me, then I had to drop it off in the first place!
So they give me the keys, and we're talking about how it all works, everything that they put on what to expect, what they left in the box so on and so forth. We shake hands and I get in the truck, turn the key and there is a very loud and scary pop sound. I turn it back off, take the keys out and get out. I'm scared, very scared that something is really messed up. We lift the hood and there's a little bit of smoke, but it's coming from the battery! The lid popped off! I imagine it just did it from the heat and other weird factors that cause batteries to pop like that but it was the first time it happened to me. Anyway, they threw a new one in for me and a very relieved me got in and after driving around for a bit, headed back home. Oh, and the service guy at first wanted to take the CAI off and put the stock back on because he said that he didn't think that it was compatible. I asked him to check his computer because it is very compatible lol.
And so, my supercharger is very happy.

Attachments

• Supercharger.jpg
    Supercharger.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 137

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
At this moment I envy you sir! I can't wait for this day to come! Looking great man!!

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Congrats. Them chargers are a beasts on tundras and tacomas.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Yes butters it popped off! the hood was closed, and it was only one of the two but it was pretty loud.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy with it. I already don't know how I went so long NOT being boosted!

STONER-X

Reaction score
i remember the day i got mine put on..... the service guy thought i was going to be louder at idle and he was like WTF?????

so i pumped the gas in the bay and that puppy started screaming and he said... oh there it is...

ya i totally got out of the lot and smashed the gas to the floor.....

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
So how much did you spend in total.

I bought the kit on ebay for 3750, 1400 for install and reflash.

Congrats. Now you've gotta tame the beast. Tractions a mofo.

Haha yeah I thought about that ahead of time. Already talked to G and I have a traction bar in my living room. I have that and a sittin' sic kit ready to be put on! Hopefully in the next week or so then my mod bug needs to cool down haha

kenneth206

Reaction score
Did they put a "premium fuel only" sticker on the OUTSIDE of your gas cap? I was livid when the dealership did that to me :(

Also, welcome to the F/I section!! I am still super stoked everytime I "have" to drive somewhere.

Murderface

Reaction score
Wow $1400 for install and flash!! Boy I'm glad I did mine myself. Congrats anyway:top: Kinda funny how none of the stealerships put the split loom on the I/C hoses like the directions say to, just keep an eye on those and make sure they don't chafe on anything and start leaking.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Looks sweet bro! I can't wait just like the rest to be boosted (maybe one day).

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Bragger lol. Congrats on the boost bro. And luckily the battery crapped out at the dealer on their dime (I'm assuming). That's a nice intake cover you got there ;) lol

Top Bottom