Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Finally !

shook

Reaction score
It really DOES exist...

IMAG0362_1.jpg

And it's finally mine.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
The oil cap? They have been around for awhile but they cost alot

shook

Reaction score
Yea, the oil cap. The silver one has been around and still is, but not many people know that there was once a Gold version. Its been discontinued for a while now, and rarely ever pop up. I've seen a few spring type Gold caps, and actually know one person who has one, but have never seen the screw on type. You'd be lucky to come across a spring type Gold cap, but it seems the screw on type is the hardest one to find.

Hard Taco

Formerly Known As "Sn3akrs"
Reaction score
Hmm I need this ! Where might u find ?

shook

Reaction score
Hmm I need this ! Where might u find ?

I don't think there's any one place to find these. I think best bet is to search for them on other Toyota forums to see if anyone who has one that may be parting out, or maybe on eBay. A friend of mine just so happen to come across one on eBay and I jumped on it before he did, but it has been years since I've seen one on eBay. Have to keep you eye out for one, then you have to be lucky to find one, and even more lucky to find the screw on type if you actually plan to use it.

How much hp does it produce?

It adds style !

...and gives you the ability to see through through those wicked Victoria's Secret armor that many women like to wear... It IS the Holy Grail of TRD parts.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I know you've been looking for that for a while now! :top:

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
NICE! Rare Parts is the BEST parts!!!!Im not worthy! Im not Worthy! ALL HAIL the TRD GOD:adore::adore::adore:

Dimebag

Reaction score
Went on ebay. Seen alot of gold ones...I'm sure they are cheapo fake ones though :(

shook

Reaction score
Went on ebay. Seen alot of gold ones...I'm sure they are cheapo fake ones though :(

Those are all the knock off caps. Most people wouldn't care, in the end it's just an oil cap, and I understand that. I just have a problem, I need to have the genuine parts or none at all. Like BSP06XRU mentioned, this was one I've been chasing for a long time. :top:

Redline

Reaction score
Are you sure its not a knock off piece? there a ton of them on ebay with trd stickers.

shook

Reaction score
Are you sure its not a knock off piece? there a ton of them on ebay with trd stickers.

I'm positive. You can tell the knock offs from the genuine, especially the gold one.

Golden-font-b-Oil-b-font-Filler-font-b-Cap-b-font-TRD-logo-Engine-Fuel.jpg

1.0x0.jpg

Knock offs.

B3425B3F-6DAD-4357-8E5C-C9EAFFDD93C8-191-0000000B95152E5E_zpsf211d7ab.jpg

Genuine, not mine.

TRD%20Gold.jpg

Mine.

The cap itself is shaped a little different, the gold color is different, and the sticker on the original is actually an aluminum decal compared to the knock offs gel coated looking foil. Can also tell by looking at the lettering and logo. The genuine has sharper edges, flatter face, and is actually aluminum. Knock offs lettering and logo are more burred, not as sharp, has a gel coat over a foil look. The machining is also a lot cleaner on the genuine parts. You can actually see the machining marks on the knock offs.

woodex m.e.

Reaction score
I know they are still knock offs but seeing machine marks on a steel or aluminum part is actually a selling point for a lot of gear heads. It also has nothing to do with its build quality, just machinists preference. dont knock it as a ngative feature.

shook

Reaction score
I know they are still knock offs but seeing machine marks on a steel or aluminum part is actually a selling point for a lot of gear heads. It also has nothing to do with its build quality, just machinists preference. dont knock it as a ngative feature.

Maybe if the machine marks were clean.

woodex m.e.

Reaction score
Its all down to feeds, speeds, cutter and direction. A lot of motorcycle guys love the agressive tool marks.

Top Bottom