Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

first ticket! :-(

livinginsa

Reaction score
if that was you standing out there directing traffic trying to make a living and some asshole did this to you...would you still have the same point of view? something tells me no.

If the flagger isn't a cop, no question that ticket isn't legal. We are talking about more than one thing here. On the ticket, yes., I would fight that in court. A cop can't just send someone a ticket in the mail, not legal. In San Antonio, they tried to place cameras in Balcones Heights; no one has to pay those tickets so they stopped enforcing it. One has the right to face one's accuser. They can't just mail one a ticket down here.

That could become a real mess. Someone could say, I saw X speed down the road; give him a ticket. It is easy to understand how sending someone a ticket just because someone says so wouldn't work out.

I still never understood how he got a ticket. That is what I would like to know. I am not understanding. Was the flag person a cop? Did a cop see what happened?

The other issue isn't what I have said anything about. There isn't much to be said there.

Last edited:

rdrfronty

Reaction score
I think if it's a considered as non-traffic ticket you don't have to be face to face with the accuser. It would be like a parking fine. If I understand correctly in my area where they were doing the redlight camera tickets they were just a "fine" and not a "moving violation". Means you have to pay the money, but it doesn't go on your driving record. But they are disputing that legality too, so who knows. I know on toll roads it works the same way. A camera is good enough to give you a "fine". But again it's not a traffic violation that stays on your record.

rich017

Reaction score
if there was loose gravel, dumping it into 2nd would kick the tires loose pretty easy.

I had the Xrunner for almost 5 years. I know how fast you need to be going for that to happen and doing that going 10-15mph would almost stall the truck out slamming it into 2nd. Gravel or not. It was on a public road so it's not like rocks were covering the road

Murderface

Reaction score
Ok so it sounds like ur right and there's no possible way to dump the clutch and spin the tires at 10-15 mph lolz

WCD

Reaction score
Good to see the apology, but I'd like to add a few things.

Never had an srt 10, and I'm 21, close tho, also my point was driving through my work place not the rock part, and also I'm not a nurse I do security, making sure all the idiots that come in methed out don't get out of control, and I just got out of the military, 11b so there goes ur awesome physical advantage out the window.. plus I carry so there better be more then 21 people who have ur back, just saying. Man all this BS starting just because I got a ticket in my x runner :hmmmm2:

So you're former military and currently a security guard. My guess is you want to be a cop. If that's true, you have some growing up to do. You'll get your department and yourself in a LOT of trouble if you have difficulty controlling yourself like this. I can say this because I've seen a few young bucks get themselves in a lot of trouble - from off-duty bar fights, domestic violence, brandishing their gun while off duty, you name it.

Last edited:

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
better hope the flagger doesnt show up to court with a huge shiner if so you are going to jail for agrivated assult.:secruity:

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how he got the ticket to begin with?

:burnout2::bawling::starwars::popcorn:

I love these little icon thingys, you can make a whole story out of them.

Last edited:

rennurx

Reaction score
Ok i just paid the ticket it was only 118 I think I said 180 before anyways no points and no insurence raise, usaa awesome insurence lol, and no I dont wanna be a cop, armed security is good for me. Oh and it was careless driving not reckless so I think that's a difference, but idk ..

Slay0r

Reaction score
yes there is a diff b/w careless op and reckless op. but the big difference that u didnt have to pay anything. but its your deal.

Top Bottom