Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Floor Mats for 2013

87aaron

Reaction score
I've got a 2013 on order. My main goals are protection from the Florida sun and family stains.
I have searched and everyone says WetherTech, but I don't see many reasons why. My dad has the OEM rubber ones in his Tacoma and they seem to work great and cost much less. There are also many generic all weather type mats out there.
So, are there any recommendations or explanations why Weathertech is worth the money? Any suggestions for alternatives?
Thanks

Imprezz

Reaction score
Get the digital fit floor liners that way it traps all the dirt and water in there, then u just empty it out. Yeah they are pricey but I think it would be worth it.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Main difference is that Weathertech's have a lip around the outer edge.

This helps with spills and wet weather. They become like trays and hold the liquid.

Other floormats just let the liquid run off of them and stain the outer edges of your carpet.

Get what you want/need. :top:

justin13703

Reaction score
WeatherTechs are the best floor mats you can buy for your vehicle, hands down. They're molded to your floor so they fit perfectly and they don't let crap run off them onto the carpet. I won't spend my money on any floor mats other than weathertechs. You can get those generic ones, but they won't cover your floor the way they should and you'll end up spending money just to have dirty carpet anyway.

On the plus side though if you get a set of generic ones you can cram them up under your gas pedal and sue the piss out of Toyota because of "unintended acceleration" like everyone else does

Last edited:

87aaron

Reaction score
My dad has the Toyota OEM all-weather mats in his 2013 double cab and the are seamless "buckets" that hold in water as well. The OEM mats cost half as much as Weathertech.

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
Your truck should come with carpet mats... mine did. If you don't do anything that requires all-weather mats, like hiking in mud or driving in snow, then maybe you don't really need them. I live in Wisconsin where half the year I have snow and junk on my shoes, so all-weather mats are a must.

87aaron

Reaction score
They're just for insurance against spills and whatnot. It'd cost me $150 extra for the OEM carpet mats and $200 extra for the OEM all weather mats, or vice versa.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Another side-benefit to Weather-Tech, and one people need to be more aware of in ALL their purchases is they are MADE IN USA!!

Even the machinery that WeatherTech bought to make them is Made in USA or Canada whenever possible!!

Read a good article online about this - wish I still had it..

Anyway - better to give your dollars to a company that provides jobs for Americans not chinese or other overseas places!!

Quality

WeatherTech® All-Weather Floor Mats meet FMVSS302 standards. Proudly designed, engineered and manufactured with American made tooling in the USA.

87aaron

Reaction score
Bump and getting my post count up so I can see For Sale Section.

Top Bottom