Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

For those who want REPLICA RIMS

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
OUCH!!!
Why spend thousands of dollars on a vehicle then cheap out on the wheels -- your LIFE is riding on them...if you can't afford REAL BBS, get a quality lesser expensive wheel!!

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
yup thats wat i say or use stocks till u can AFFORD the real stuff, u dont gotta worry about stocks doin that!

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
There was an article in a magazine some time ago that talked about how there were now safety standards for the aftermarket wheel market and how poor the quality was of some imports.

It talked about the number of accidents that were likely caused by failure of a substandard wheel!

SCAREY and crazy to skimp there!! :stupid:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
from a pothole going 25mph? Yea right :rolleyez:

on to the neXt

Reaction score
I've hit some serious holes with my bbs rims they have scares to prove it, and thankfully they aren't bent from one pothole after I hit it I pulled over just to check the rims and tires

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
ya id check too! gotta love our TPMS!!! its irritating but comes in handy! thats why ima save up for gud quality stuff, im never goina buy a replica, if i cant afford the real thing, ima just use stockers! like grumpyoldman said why spend thousands of dollars and then skimp out on rims? idk bout u guys, but ur life, ur truck, passenger, i mean for a few thousand more u get better quality AND reassurance!!!

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
no way he was going 25 mph. but yes cheap rims are more prone to fail, that doesnt mean that they will. That being said, I love my real rims.

Toon714

Reaction score
Ill never buy fake wheels. Rather sport stockers.
I love my work wheels. :)

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I'm gonna put this out there cause it's true...ALL rims are prone to damage like this. NOT just replica rims. Also, there are TONS of cases where name brand rims (Example: Work, Volk, Etc.) have had damage almost exactly like this. So to say that only Replica rims have this problem isn't true.

Just had to put it out there.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Ill never buy fake wheels. Rather sport stockers.
I love my work wheels. :)
I sport stockers :bawling:
I'm gonna put this out there cause it's true...ALL rims are prone to damage like this. NOT just replica rims. Also, there are TONS of cases where name brand rims (Example: Work, Volk, Etc.) have had damage almost exactly like this. So to say that only Replica rims have this problem isn't true.

Agree here.

ultraxr

Reaction score
^ I agree.

I've seen and read of plenty of cases where "legit" wheels fail too. It's all personal preference when it comes to wheel selections and the applied uses. My truck is a daily and the idea of sporting Volks, Works, Advans, etc... where the roads here are riddled with pot holes and cracks makes no sense to me when the wait time for a replacement is 3-4 months minimum. Don't get me wrong, I love those wheels and have a set of Works chilling in the house but I wouldn't daily them... I don't abuse my truck on public roads where its not only dangerous to yourself, passengers, but to others too. There's a place where you can dog and push your trucks/cars, on the track. I hate street "racing" and seeing people burn out just cause they think is cool is plain lame.

ALL wheels are prone to failure, regardless of the price tag of the wheels. What people are failing to also take into account is the hundreds/thousands of wheels that have been problem-free.

kayo808

Reaction score

Thats true cuz you can have real rims and if you going 45+ and hit a pot hole the rims can crack too. Just cuz its real doesnt mean they would never break

808XR10

Reaction score
iputinWORKS nuff said........rims are only prone to break because of improper size of tires used or underinflated tires........

J

JDUB916

There was an article in a magazine some time ago that talked about how there were now safety standards for the aftermarket wheel market and how poor the quality was of some imports.

It talked about the number of accidents that were likely caused by failure of a substandard wheel!

SCAREY and crazy to skimp there!! :stupid:

YUP! I read the same thing on the G37 forums somewhere. There is a division that goes out after these aftermarket knock-off wheel companies and does all kinds of tests on their wheels from quality checks to safety concerns. Pretty good to know that

Top Bottom