Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Friday was dyno day

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
After my epic slowness @ the track :argh:
Decided to Dyno my truck to get a baseline.

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

What do ya'll think? Considering boosting tha X :hmmmm2:
All positive input welcome :top:
Thanks

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Have you made any changes to it? How did the afr's look?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Numbers seem kind of low, esp based on the mods listed.

A bone stock XR will read up to 210 at the wheels SAE corrected. STD always reads higher.

Your torque drop off is very bad. Something looks wrong. Do you have the APR t-stat and timing gears installed?? What tune are you running?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
yeah he has the T stat and gears. And if memory serves me right he's running F2 IDK what cal though...

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Have you made any changes to it? How did the afr's look?

No changes, no playing around with it. I did add TRD exhaust, since the X-1 was installed.
Powerfab couldn't get good afr due to senor they were using.

Numbers seem kind of low, esp based on the mods listed.

A bone stock XR will read up to 210 at the wheels SAE corrected. STD always reads higher.

Your torque drop off is very bad. Something looks wrong. Do you have the APR t-stat and timing gears installed?? What tune are you running?

Yes. T-stat & gears installed w/ X-1 Allan & 1GRracer,
pretty sure set basic n/a tuneoff of APR website.
Started to ask u guys about data logging last Friday, but didn't want to take away from the event.

So, suggestions? help

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
How about some TLC? I would definitely do some datalogs as well.

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way brutha but if I were you I would work on my track skills a little more before running out and droppin 4k on a blower to make up for those 16's and 17's you were runnin. Yes...I saw the vids & slips. I know how you feel and what you're thinkin but money and mods is not a replacement for practice and driving skills, ask Nick Hogan.

If you just boosted your truck now, you may find yourself even more disappointed than you were then, when you end up still in the 15's. I've run within half a second of a guy with a boosted xr and I'm N/A. Don't let that guy be you. Hit the track more often, learn your truck and how it needs to be launched and shifted and just figure out what works best for you. Crawl before you walk my friend....

azburnin

Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way brutha but if I were you I would work on my track skills a little more before running out and droppin 4k on a blower to make up for those 16's and 17's you were runnin. Yes...I saw the vids & slips. I know how you feel and what you're thinkin but money and mods is not a replacement for practice and driving skills, ask Nick Hogan.

If you just boosted your truck now, you may find yourself even more disappointed than you were then, when you end up still in the 15's. I've run within half a second of a guy with a boosted xr and I'm N/A. Don't let that guy be you. Hit the track more often, learn your truck and how it needs to be launched and shifted and just figure out what works best for you. Crawl before you walk my friend....

This man speaks the truth

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Xrunnit is right. Power is low. I wouldn't say that it is due to having well over 100k on the odo. Now, here is the question. Have you ever changed your stock fuel filter or upgraded your pump to the Walbro 255lph kit? If you haven't, tour fuel system is fighting a clogged filter as well as an already weak small pump.

If you haven't done the upgrade to a larger pump, say the kit from URD, you need to. I bet you would pick up a good deal of power. Then, time to start looking into other points.

If we were able to see the AFR I bet that we would be able to see what was going on in the higher rpms.

STONER-X

Reaction score
just because you can get down the track is no excess not to get the blower!! some people dont care too much for the track and just want some extra pep.. the blower is the way to go if ya want to up the power...

track night was not my night when we went... i was popping off 14.5's all night.. it was pretty frustrating hell i could not get over 100 mph.. i ve hit high 13's and trapped at 105 plenty of times..

its never not time to get a blower :smile:

how is power fab with tuning?? i got a maf cal.... but it seems pretty one off to a shop since there is not many of these running around..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If the MAF cal is made by the same company that makes the URD FIC, then yes, they should be abke to easily tune it. Brian is a freaking wiz with tuning

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
How about some TLC? I would definitely do some datalogs as well.
If TLC = maintaining her, I can check that off. Everything service wise has been done by the book. :top:

I hear ya. boosting @ some point has always been in the plans, along with T56, hard top cover, repaint & eventually Rays wheels etc....
Now, I'm ready to do the long tubes, y pipe & 3" exh. then boosting.
What I'm questioning now is, " Is the X getting the most out of everything, before moving on to more mods..

Xrunnit is right. Power is low. I wouldn't say that it is due to having well over 100k on the odo. Now, here is the question. Have you ever changed your stock fuel filter or upgraded your pump to the Walbro 255lph kit? If you haven't, tour fuel system is fighting a clogged filter as well as an already weak small pump.

If you haven't done the upgrade to a larger pump, say the kit from URD, you need to. I bet you would pick up a good deal of power. Then, time to start looking into other points.

If we were able to see the AFR I bet that we would be able to see what was going on in the higher rpms.

I have 138,xxx on the X today. I was planning to upgrade the fuel pump to the one URD offers Walbro 255lph kit, once boosted. I can do that now, but isn't that the one that comes with the MKIII ? which is the only reason I haven't ordered the fuel pump upgrade kit. If u follow.

just because you can get down the track is no excess not to get the blower!! some people dont care too much for the track and just want some extra pep.. the blower is the way to go if ya want to up the power...

track night was not my night when we went... i was popping off 14.5's all night.. it was pretty frustrating hell i could not get over 100 mph.. i ve hit high 13's and trapped at 105 plenty of times..

its never not time to get a blower :smile:

how is power fab with tuning?? i got a maf cal.... but it seems pretty one off to a shop since there is not many of these running around..

Powerfab is A +, with me :blurock:. They're nice to nerds.
Any reason not to install the JBA & wideband @ this point?
that should give me more info, right.

Thanks for all the input XRU fam,
needed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

butters607

Reaction score
I follow that your gonna get the mk3 I am extremely happy with that thing so muxh win in that kit

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless you plan on getting the MKIII soon, just go ahead and get the fuel pump. You can always let URD know that you have pump already. It will great improve the way the truck runs.

butters607

Reaction score
Yea actually before I got my kit I installed the pump first and then I put the rest on later

rexrunner

Reaction score
I would use the new automotive intank pump over the walbro 255. Flows more and close in price. Go big or go home! lol.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Powerfab is A +, with me :blurock:. They're nice to nerds.
Any reason not to install the JBA & wideband @ this point?
that should give me more info, right.

Thanks for all the input XRU fam,
needed it.

well im at a "stuck" point with the wide band.... i want to get the long tubes, APR-Y pipe, 3in to the back...

thats too much right now...

soooo right now im shooting for long tubes.... i want the wide band now, but dont want to wast time / money installing it in the stock manifolds..... im gonna pull the stock pass manifold and run over to a muffler shop and see if i can toss one of the guys $20 to weld in the bung.. after i drill it.. if they say no then maybe ill try out my new welder i have not had time to uses yet... :smile:

i have a tendency to do something then change it a few months later.. lol.... tablet... air box... haha the list goes on for me....

SIK X

Reaction score
Hmm.. that does seem a little low. Like I told you, I made 225 at the wheels at Turbochargers.com dyno, i dont remember what it was (i think a mustang dyno) but you have more mods than I do so would think your power would be at least the same if not more. And i agree with wisenthefools, hes got a good point. But just because your not the best at driving your truck doesnt mean you cant dump more power into it, just remember its gonna be even harder to drive!

Gadget

Reaction score
The current peak number is not what is so important. What is important is how much of gain there is from your before dyno. What was your before dyno??

G

Top Bottom