Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Front Door Mounting Plates

IndyXRunner25

Reaction score
So I was pricing up some mounting plates because I am putting a component set in my front doors. Do we get a better deal than what tacotunes.com offers just going into the site? I was like $60+ just for the tweeter and woofer mount. The Shipping was $14 alone.

Does anyone else out there make anything out there for our trucks?? Or any other suggestions?

X-Caliber

Reaction score
If your good with a jigsaw you can make your own out some wood. seen others use thick cardboard.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
ill see if i can make you some. what speaker you plan on putting in there?

IndyXRunner25

Reaction score
I am doing the JL Audio c5 650. Just need tweeter and midrange plates for the front doors only.

Last edited:

ItsSteve

Reaction score
if you are looking to do those components like that i would also recommend sealing off the plate with dynamat or something of that nature so you can get the most out of the speakers, it will help with the mid bass so you have a smoother sound

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I am doing the JL Audio c5 650. Just need tweeter and midrange plates for the front doors only.

I had taco tunes mounts for those exact same speakers. I sold them to another member though. I have tacotunes ones in my truck and I love them because they line up perfectly with no problems and are well built.

ItsSteve

Reaction score
yes u should mat the door, and then when u install the plate u should seal it off that way the inner door acts as a sealed chamber for the components. it will help the sound quality a bit.

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
go buy some mdf and start cutting, pretty easy. make a template outta paper or cardboard first

Top Bottom