Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Front end alignment :/

JC2011XR

Reaction score
Thought I would ask the experts...How often do you have to have your front end aligned?? Is front end alignment an issue with the XR's? I have had my truck since late Sept. '011 and when I bought the truck I had to have it aligned the first week. Recently I noticed the tell-tale signs of the steering wheel getting off center again!!! Any thoughts?

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
If the steering wheel is getting off center, try jerking it against the stop the opposite direction. It'll straighten it up. That's the way shady mechanics fix their mistakes on an alignment, but it will slowly go back off center. That's prolly what happened, because usually Giant potholes and such are the main way they get off center. Getting an alignment every 15k is what my shop recommends, but since I do my own, I do it every 5 or 6.

JC2011XR

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I was getting a bit concerned as I only have 3300 miles and I am a real stickler for missing potholes and slowing down for bumps. I haven't gone over any real substantial bumps on holes. I like you idea of getting an alignment every 5 or 6k. Helps keep the tires from getting chewed up so quickly.

Reaction score
If you sport $1200.00 in tires it would be a smart thing to do it every 6 months or 5000 miles as Amy recomended :top:

CBRBob

Reaction score
Wow, if you have to do it that often, there is either something wrong with your shop or you drive on the moon.

I understand why Amy does so often, they are always putting new parts on, then they break in etc.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
...if those camber bolts aren't torqued to spec, they can turn and cause all kinds of screwy alignment issues.

also check your inner tie rods for possible wear. Mine where shot, and wheel would do the same thing, :top:

Top Bottom